New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of StingRay's on Tybee

StingRay's on Tybee
Ranked #9 of 52 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Richmond, Kentucky
“Great Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Local folks told us for great seafood go StingRays. We were not disappointed. Service was good and the fish tacos and Po boy sandwich were excellent. This place is not air conditioned but has cold air and fans spraying in you. It is rather unique. We really enjoyed it. I would highly recommend it.

Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Smoke Fish Dip a Must! Mahi Sandwich good too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This place was next to where I was staying and recommended by the Host. I've eaten Smoked Fish dip in many states but never had it served with sweet Vadalia onions and chopped tomatoes, YUM YUM! I'll never eat or serve it any other way! Whoever thought to serve it like that is a GENIUS! The Mahi Mahi Fish sandwich was good and fresh but it would of been better Flame Grilled! Service was good and attentive. Had I been with another person I would of sat outside. They had a misting machine around the deck so it was cool on a hot day. View is not what I would call Scenic, but it is good for people watching. I strolled past the deck at night and they had a man playing guitar on the deck, with a nice crowd. They stop serving food at 10pm and close up which surprised me, during vacation season.

Evansville, Indiana
“Not too bad but noisy and foam plates?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

This is a very popular place, open late and with live music. The food was good but the presentation aweful. The portions were good but why go cheap and use foam plates to save a few dollars? No beer on tap, really? It's better than some but not as good as others at Tybee.

Fort Valley, Georgia
“Great Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The food here was the best I've had. They had a local band playing outside that was very enjoyable. We did have to wait a while, but we got there pretty late so that was okay. We came in as a group, but had to sit at separate tables. We told them that was okay, but then we were charged an 18% gratutuity tip for being in a group. This was the only bad thing. Despite this, we will defiantly be back!

Savannah, Georgia
“Cold Fries - Soggy Fish”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Called in an order for take out 30 minutes after they opened for lunch in the middle of the week. Ordered a fried fish sandwich with fries. If you don't ask for tartar sauce, mayo, ketchup, etc then you don't get it in the to go box. The fish was cold and soggy, not crispy in the least. It was wrapped in white paper inside the to go box. It had lettuce and tomato on it and the lettuce was not crisp and the tomato was mashed and falling apart. Nothing fresh not even the bread which was completely soggy around the edges. The fries were cold and greasy. It was just nasty. I'm sure the sandwich and fries were made earlier in the morning, maybe expecting a large lunch rush. When I got there to pick up my food there was 6 people in the place. I will never step foot in that place again.

• Visited June 2013