“Shrimp was YUMMY!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of StingRay's on Tybee

StingRay's on Tybee
Ranked #9 of 54 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Summerville, South Carolina
“Shrimp was YUMMY!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

The shrimp was the best I've had in a long time and they give you BIG shrimp! The house salads are quite large and yummy!

Visited November 2012

Kentucky
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Good news first. I ordered the fish plate and my wife ordered the chicken strips plate. Both meats and French fry servings were large and the temperature was right. Slaw servings were small, as we both ran out with half of our meal finished. She was given two hush puppies and even though they were supposed to come with both plates, I had to ask for mine. The waitress brought four small, tough, pieces, about the size of a nickel. The restaurant had live music, a decent singer/guitarist with canned background music.

Now the bad. The chicken was tough and stringy. The fish was moist in the center, but tough on the edge. Neither of us was offered a refill of our tea or cola. I originally ordered a beer, but my brand was "out-of-stock," as was my second choice. I don't know what they did have, because after three tries, I asked for a cola. Service wasn't quite slow, but I had to flag down a waitress to ask for missing items (hush puppies, tartar sauce, salt, napkins...).

Disclaimer: We did not try any of the mixed drinks other reviewers have mentioned, so they may be fantastic. Also, there was a fairly large birthday taking up the indoor porch, so we had to sit outside. Fortunately, this far south the temperature was still nice in November, although we were downwind from a table of smokers. This may be a wonderful place during tourist season, but we didn't see that side.

• Visited November 2012
Winder, Georgia, United States
“Best shrimp on Tybee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a local joint with local talent and even more local shrimp - apparently the owner, owns the bar and restaurant, the shrimp boat and the shrimp - It's the best shrimp on Tybee and I have tried them all - Shrimp rock!!!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Asheville, NC
“GREAT FOOD, POOR SERVICE”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Stingray platter must be tried if you visit this restaurant but be warned that the wait staff is slow, even when there are many of them working.

Visited November 2012
savannah,ga
“Better last trip”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

The conch fritters were fried hard and had very little taste. I threw them out. My niece had the shrimp and she said they weren't good either.Had to wait far to long for the food. The service was terrible.

• Visited September 2012