“Best Seafood consitantly year after year on Tybee”

StingRay's on Tybee
Ranked #12 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is better than anything you will find in Savanah, River street, or Wilmington Island. It is consitantly good year after year, the Scallops are HUGE and the shrimp, oysters etc are always good. A good stuffed crab ( kinda small like the size of captain D's )
I eat mine fried. Since Williams Seafood went away, good seafood is scarce in Savanah, but this place is good when busy and when they are not.

There are newer reviews for StingRay's on Tybee

Reviewed October 12, 2012

If you are looking for delicious sea food then you have to try StingRay's its right next to fat tires bike shop and right off the main road. The food is delicious and the staff is friendly too.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I have been vacationing on Tybee Island every year for the past twelve years. We usually get in about 4:00 PM. After we unpack and take a walk on the beach, we always make Stingrays our first meal on the island. And we always order the fish plate which is fried grouper, fries, hush puppies, and coleslaw. My wife is not much of a fish eater but she insists this be our first stop. This is the best fried fish I have ever had; it must be good if my wife requests it. The regular plate is very plentiful, actually more than we can eat so we order the children's plate. The price is great as well as the service. Also, in the evenings, there is usually live music out on the deck! I have mentioned Stingrays to several co-workers who come to Savannah on business and leisure and they have also made this a place they have to come to. I highly recommend!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was an average beach seafood restaurant. My family and I ordered fried oysters at three different restaurants Stingrays came in second for overall quality of food and service. We went back on another night and had a very good hamburger. This is a very casual place with the staff wearing shorts and serving the meals on plastic plates. Very typical small beach town restaurant.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We tried StingRays one night and had the scallop dinner and the shrimp dinner. Both were food for the money, $11.95. Portions were good and both were cooked as we liked them, blackened. The place is not fancy, but no place on Tybee is fancy. The waitress and cooks all wear shorts and flip flops and the meals are served on paper plates.