“Awesome Desserts, Drinks and Service”

CoCo's Sunset Grille
Ranked #4 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Description: Serving handmade drinks and the freshest seafood in Savannah, we celebrate the best sunset views Tybee Island has to offer nightly.
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We met some people at "The Crab Shack" who said we also needed to visit Coco's Sunset Grille. Very fun. We had Fried Strawberries and Mojito's, chatted with staff and patrons, looked at the view and listened to '80's music. Great way to spend an afternoon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,169)

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The first time we tried to go to Coco's it was for dinner and there was no parking anywhere..the lot is shared with people going out on Captain Mike's Dolphin Tours. We pulled up just past the restaurant to be able to back out of the tight space caused by all of the cars squeezed into the small lot. Some crazy woman started running and shaking her finger at us..yes lady in the house dress we see the sign that says do not enter..we are just backing up..geez! Needless to say, I felt my husband would not return after that little episode..but a few days later he suggested we try again for lunch. We did and finally got a parking spot close to the restaurant..yeah! We were seated and greeted quickly by our waitor...and had our drinks in short order. The menu had some possibilities..but just seemed off somehow. I am not sure what I was expecting but I did not find it..the food was okay but not anything to talk about. We don't have any intention of going back..it just wasn't as good as we thought it would be.

1  Thank AlwaysALady1969
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had a disaster meal the night before at the Sundae Cafe` so we were ready for a quiet good meal. We were a group of 4 adults and two children, aged 7 and 4. They gave us the option of eating upstairs on the deck overlooking the Lazaretto Creek or inside. We chose outside just in case the boys got rowdy as happened the night before. When we got upstairs, we discovered it was just too hot so graciously, the waitress took us back down to the inside dining room which was so much more comfortable. Funky Monkey was the choice of drink and it was so delicious that after we left, we went to a liquor store to buy the ingredients to try to duplicate the drink. Eileen was our waitress and was super friendly and a great server. I got the Seared Scallops and Shrimp over pasta with fresh basil and it was the best meal I had while we stayed on Tybee Island. I would have to say this was the best meal we had during the week we were there!

1  Thank Brenda T
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We have been going to Coco's since it was Cafe Loco, and must say the changes are wonderful. Great laid-back atmosphere, wonderful food, and good value. The staff is very friendly, and the recent renovations were much needed and well done. A great place to go for lunch, or dinner. Can't wait for our next visit to Tybee!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The menu was nice; they had a good variety of food to choose from, including great burgers and wraps for those who didn't eat seafood. I had the Mojo Mahi (blackened with pineapple/mango salsa)--it was kickin'! Tried one of my husband's scallops which they pan seared for him instead of frying and they were absolute perfection. The shrimp were firmer that I'm used to, maybe the difference in local versus gulf shrimp? Tuna Bites and Shark Bites (fresh caught) were a delicious start to the meal.
There were 16 people in our group, 4 of which were children, so I expected that dinner would take awhile. Our food and drinks came out in a reasonable amount of time for our party size and drinks were kept full. However when it came time for dessert and payment it all fell apart. The wait at the end of our meal was particularly difficult since we had the kiddos. We're talking at least 30-45 min from the time we ordered dessert to the time we walked out.
The food was fantastic and our orders were accurate though, so definitely worth a stop in, just be sure to understand they're running on island time!