“Great food!!!”

CoCo's Sunset Grille
Ranked #4 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Description: Serving handmade drinks and the freshest seafood in Savannah, we celebrate the best sunset views Tybee Island has to offer nightly.
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Came in today for lunch and as a local bartender I'm picky where I dine but this is hands down one of the best places in savannah! Tuna is to die for and never give up the chance to get a bowl of crab stew! Our server Kaitlyn was great even timed our app so our food didn't come out at the same time, sounds simple to do but trust me not always like that

There are newer reviews for CoCo's Sunset Grille

997 - 1,001 of 1,133 reviews

Reviewed October 25, 2012

You must look for this one to find it. But isn't that the fun part of the search? We love Tybee in the off season. The locals are relaxed and no crowds. Coco's is a local hangout and it should be. Great staff! I think we talked with everyone in the house that night! You should have a 5++ rating for staff on this review. The shrimp actually is fresh from the boats you see on the dock. The entrees are prepared with the expertise of a $100 plate in downtown Savannah. Great mix of pasta and seafood. The seared shrimp is seasoned and very flavorful. Check out the Shrimp and Scallops seared with Angel Hair Pasta. Wow. Good times. Great people. We are going back.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Somewhat surprised by the last couple of reviews; husband and I had the fried combo plate with shrimp and oysters. Both were very fresh and were lightly breaded, which we really liked. The hush-puppies were also good--light and a little sweet. Service was pretty good. Not much seating inside but we went mid-afternoon, so there was no problem finding an empty table. View is marsh/channel. Atmosphere extremely casual and, to us, appeared to be more a sea-coast bar that happens to serve pretty tasty food.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We decided to try CoCos on Friday evening, maybe see a pretty sunset and shrimp boats come in. We got there early, no problem with seating. I ordered the fried shrimp and oyster plate thinking I should get some really fresh shrimp. very dissapointed, the shrimp was just soso, there was so little oyster and so much breading that I couldn't taste the oyster, my fries were cold. I would suggest you buy your own next door at the seafood shop and cook it yourself.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Ok so I am not sure if the "good" reviews were done before the ownership change but how anyone could leave a positive review now is beyond me. When I called to check about the crowd I was told, "it has been hit and miss lately, you should be fine". I should have known at that point to go somewhere else. Alas to my families disappointment I didn't.

The location is great and the view at Sunset is awesome. The good stops there though. When we arrived we asked if there was outdoor seating and were directed to the roof. We were very excited about the view however the swarm of sand gnats/fleas that followed once we were seated was unbearable. I have never seen that many bugs. They were all over our legs and arms, hair and table. Drinks were spilled trying to swat them and those that weren't were constantly being searched for drowning gnats. We asked the waiter about them and he said "yeah I have a new respect for them now". It would have been nice had he told us about them prior to directing us to the roof. We quickly abandoned ship and headed inside. What good is outdoor seating if it can't be enjoyed.

As for the food it was average bar fare at best and overpriced to boot. There were four of us and the bill for a Caesar salad, 2 appetizers, a shrimp wrap and 4 drinks was $43. My buffalo shrimp had no flavor and my wife's wrap was mostly lettuce with maybe 5 shrimp. Save yourself the frustration, go elsewhere and AVOID THE SWARM !

1  Thank heisrisen