“Crazy Good”

The Breakfast Club
Ranked #5 of 54 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Georgia
“Crazy Good”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had only a short wait until we were seated at the counter at the grill. Best place to sit to watch cooking artistry at work. From the kitchen monkey on one end running clean dishes and supplies to the grill master, to the finisher and runner it was one mad organized gang turning out plate after plate of great looking and great tasting food. I did have one personal issue with the hash-browns I saw coming out, and remember it is my preference, the hash-browns were toasted brown, dark crunchy brown. It was a very large order of potatoes compared to other establishments, but I like mine lightly brown. Yvonne had the spinach omelet which is cooked in the traditional style, like an egg crape instead of a fluffed up omelet. I had the chicken fried chicken with grits and toast. This was a breast beaten by the kitchen monkey to about out 1/2 inch thick and had a light corn meal coating. It was the best filet I've had in a while. The grits were proper southern style, thick enough to hold a fork upright, lightly salted, great. (I usually don't gush much about restaurant grits, I mean, come on, their only grits.) If management reads this review, you don't need the rock and roll music. There is enough noise with the cooks banging their spatulas and plates rattling. Word about parking, pay the fee. More than one regular said the City of Tybee Island does ticket even on weekends. Will we return? Hell, yes. Anytime we are in the area.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank spartancaver

St. Augustine,Fla.
“You have to eat here when you go to Tybee!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of eating breakfast here both Saturday and Sunday of this weekend. Both mornings we had to wait for a few minutes before being sat but we were fine with it. The staff was great and I liked that they were direct and to the point and don't put up with BS from any of the customers. The first morning we sat at the counter in front of where they cook all the food and Jody and the rest of the crew were so fun to watch. They really know how to crank out some food! We both ordered fried eggs with bacon, cheese grits, and toast and it was one of the best breakfasts I've ever eaten. It was absolutely delicious! It was so good that we went back the next morning and ordered the exact same thing. To respond to a few of the other reviewers I would like to say that yes, you probably were scolded for entering the wrong door, what you failed to mention was the fast that there are several LARGE signs on the door saying EXIT ONLY. So if your so ignorant that you didn't see that then you had it comin'. I also did not find the wait staff to be rude in any way. They have a few rules that customers have to adhere to but it makes the place run smoothly. I also like it that it actually says on the menu that if your done with your meal then scram because they need the tables for other guests. Overall we will definitely eat there again and I would recommend it to anyone who wants an awesome breakfast.Thanks again Breakfast Club!

• Visited March 2014
Rincon, Georgia
“ALWAYS amazing”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Long line... you have to wait, but the wait is SOOOOOOOO worth it. Breakfast is always perfect and the burgers are fantastic. Best food on the island!

Visited February 2014
Eatonton, Georgia
“a tybee morning staple!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Very good breakfast! The place to go for the best breakfast! However, the wait staff could use some manners. BUt these people STAY packed, and for good reason!

Visited April 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“A Little Bit of Chicago on Tybee”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Your basic hole-in-the-wall with a great breakfast, brunch or lunch. It's first come first serve. The line forms outside. Eggs Benedict on the weekend if you're early enough.

Portions are large so put on your eating shoes. A mandatory stop when we're in Savannah.

• Visited February 2014