“Well worth the short wait.”
Review of The Breakfast Club

The Breakfast Club
Ranked #9 of 57 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed June 24, 2013

They are only open from 10-1 pm but you should definitely try it. We had a small wait outside but the line moves quickly. The food was mouth watering and very unique. I had their hashbrowns and there was enough on my plate to share with my husband and still make me full. Their reputation speaks highly of them for a reason. It was wonderful.

1  Thank Nannyof2boys
Write a ReviewReviews (1,392)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The breakfast here was delicious, we had the best omelets of our lives and the staff was very friendly. I love the history behind this place as well!

1  Thank DestinationUnknown17
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Made it to the Breakfast Club twice this visit to Tybee. First was early on a Thursday. Great food. Ordered the Solidarity! Well done.
The second visit was on Saturday a 7:00 after watching the sunrise. Service was great but food arrived and was just okay.... ordered the PMS ommlet......pehaps I should have ordered the spinach or the Popeye.......disappointed.

1  Thank mt6820
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The Breakfast Club is a well-known fixture on Tybee Island. During the warm months, it is not unusual to see the prospective customers lined up on the sidewalk outside waiting for a table. We are spending a week on Tybee, but waited to make our visit to The Breakfast Club on a weekday, when the crowds aren’t quite so large and the lines shorter. We waited only five minutes for a table.

The Breakfast Club is not elegant. It has no aspirations to be considered a gourmet breakfast destination. It is pretty much a hole-in-the-wall. However, if you like large amounts of totally unhealthy combinations of breakfast food, this is the place for you.
You can order the traditional bacon and eggs type of plate. The specialties are in the omelettes and other combination.

During our visit, I ordered one of the daily specials. It was a three-egg scramble with chorizo sausage, onions, jalapenos, green peppers and mushrooms, served over a pile of grits. The whole mess was topped with a piece of grilled sweet red pepper. It was very good and the serving size was enormous. I never even touched the wheat toast that came with it. No room.

My wife had a giant dish centered on hash brown potatoes. It was a large pile of hash browns (Waffle House style), cooked with bacon, onion and peppers with a little cream cheese folded in after the cooking. Again, the serving size was gigantic.

You get what you pay for, but for Savannah, the prices are just slightly above average. Most of the breakfast entrees are priced in the $9-13 range. This is not someplace I would eat every day. (My arteries couldn’t handle it.) However, it was an outstanding breakfast for a once-in-awhile occasion.

I should point out, if you want to save a couple of bucks and time spent standing in line, the Sunrise Café, right across the street, also has a fantastic breakfast. Their quality is also excellent, and their prices and serving sizes a little more traditional.

1  Thank Savannahmike1130
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My family like most, just had to try The Breakfast Club while on Tybee Island. We arrived early, just before 8am on a Tuesday. No trouble with parking or a wait at the door..we did have to pay for parking however. But that is pretty much everywhere on the island. The seating was uncomfortable..the floors were slick and we felt sort of greasy just from sitting there. The staff was nice but looked at us like we were from Mars when we asked if they had gravy biscuits...our son only eats gravy biscuits or a jelly biscuit when eating breakfast out and they had neither. He ended up eating a burger for breakfast because there was just nothing else he would eat. He loved the burger and it did look really good...my husband ordered the chicken fried steak and I had the Windjammer hashbrowns. Ours was just average or less..my husband did not care for the ckn fried steak and the windjammer hashbrowns left a lot to be desired..from the reviews and ingredients I thought they would be beyond spectacular..not even close. The hashbrowns were greasy (imagine that..lol) burnt on the outside..nearly raw on the inside..they have cream cheese and bacon, onion etc but not nearly enough to help the taste. I suggest maybe they cook the hashbrowns through on both sides before adding the other ingredients and please season the food..there is not enough salt and pepper in the World to season them after they are served. I suggest using Morton Nature's Seasons...on everything! It makes everything taste better..follow these tips and one day (maybe) you will live up to your reputation. We can safely say, we have no desire to return, EVER! Also, much to high priced for greasy diner food..what a joke...unfortunately it is on the customer!

1  Thank AlwaysALady1969