“Dont Miss Eating Here” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Crab Shack

The Crab Shack
Ranked #4 of 54 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: Bar, American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Crab Shack isn't just a restaurant, it's a destination! We seat more than 700 guests and offer both indoor and outdoor dining options. Both dining rooms and our outdoor dining deck offer picturesque views of Chimney Creek. Both the young and young-at-heart will enjoy our interactive, educational "Gator Lagoon" which is home to 78 baby alligators; our aviary which is home to more than a dozen rescued exotic birds, and our "Gift Shack". The Crab Shack offers traditional Low Country fare, including fresh streamed and boiled seafood and slow-cooked BBQ. We also have a kid's menu available with burgers, hot dogs, and pizza. The Crab Shack is and always has been a family owned business, and recently began shipping our entrees in ready-to-be-cooked kits through LoCo To Go. Stop by and experience all we have to offer for yourself!
Louisville, Ky
“Dont Miss Eating Here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2007

We've been to the Crab Shack at least 4 times, and have loved every visit. Anyone who doesn't like the Crab Shack shouldn't visit Tybee Island. Great food and atmosphere. I just wish they'd have some onion rings!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Food was decent, but disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2007

After reading these reviews we expected great things. I got the Lowcountry Boil and was underwhelmed. The shrimp were barely seasoned; however, the sausage and potatoes were tasty. My parents got the seasonal boil and everything seemed to be a little old tasting, like it had been sitting around for a while. The steamed oysters were good. One of our party didn't find any seafood they liked on the menu and got the bbq chicken sandwich - avoid this if you can. I thought the feel of the place was very kitschy, and since I didn't know this in advance I was a little taken aback by the whole thing.

Portsmouth, Ohio
“Best shrimp we've ever had...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2007

My family and I visited Tybee Island about 2 years ago, and we all still talk about the shrimp we had at the crab shack! IT WAS THE BEST! It was the peel and eat shrimp- the seasoning they put on their shrimp is the best! The atmosphere was great as well. If you go to Tybee you MUST eat at the crab shack and try the Shrimp!!

1 Thank RosemountChick
Rock Hill, SC
“My kinda place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2007

We were on our honeymoon in Savannah and had decided to venture out to Tybee Island. We had seen the $40 a Day episode with Rachel Ray and thought it would be a neat place to try. This place is so cool! I loved the alligators and the huge bunnies! The outside has so many neat places to take really cool pictures. We arrived just before lunch started at 11:30 and kept ourselves occupied with all of the neat things to see. We also bought cool t-shirts at the gift shop. We sat on the outdoor patio. The waitress was great and the atmosphere was like nothing I had ever seen before. It was so laid back. I loved the trash can in the middle of the table. The shack stew and the clam chowder were great. The portions on the lunch specials are a little small and I don't like to peel my shrimp! But it was worth it! I loved that the food at the crab shack is not fried. I do not like heavy fried seafood, especially when it is really hot!

1 Thank mouseketeer0502
North Georgia
“Lives up to the hype”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2007

This is a good time with good food and a cool atmosphere. It's along the lines of Gilligan's Island seafood fest.