“Got There Before The Rush”
Review of The Crab Shack

The Crab Shack
Ranked #5 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Crab Shack isn't just a restaurant, it's a destination! We seat more than 700 guests and offer both indoor and outdoor dining options. Both dining rooms and our outdoor dining deck offer picturesque views of Chimney Creek. Both the young and young-at-heart will enjoy our interactive, educational "Gator Lagoon" which is home to 78 baby alligators; our aviary which is home to more than a dozen rescued exotic birds, and our "Gift Shack". The Crab Shack offers traditional Low Country fare, including fresh streamed and boiled seafood and slow-cooked BBQ. We also have a kid's menu available with burgers, hot dogs, and pizza. The Crab Shack is and always has been a family owned business, and recently began shipping our entrees in ready-to-be-cooked kits through LoCo To Go. Stop by and experience all we have to offer for yourself!
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Even on vacation, I don't mind eating early. Turned out to be a brilliant strategy because once my wife and I got out of there, the line to get it was backed up.

I had the boil and she had a sandwich.

Both agreed we didn't like the barbecue sauce at the table.

Having trashcans underneath each table was different, as was the alligator overlook.

Be aware if you go this place is on a marsh and not the beach itself.

4  Thank cksportsfan
There are newer reviews for The Crab Shack

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Good food and loved the atmosphere. I just wished they offered some traditional fried options on the seafood.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Touristy-yes
Fun-yes
No, not the best food I've ever had in my life, but this place did make me smile. And, I'm smiling just thinking about it. I'm smiling thinking about feeding those cats ( I know, I know, your not supposed to) I'm smiling thinking about watching all those kids feeding the alligators. Heck I'm smiling thinking about us laughing that we all thought we should go home and cut a hole in the middle of our kitchen table so we could put a garbage can underneath. My husband and son like their seafood. I liked my pulled pork. We had a great time. I loved walking around, looking at the cats, alligators, bird collection. Can't ask for much more than that!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Read reviews that said don't bother. Had a local tell us don't bother. Over priced and over hyped. NOT TRUE!!!!! Went for lunch during our stay. We ordered the seafood Sampler Platter for two and it was absolutely amazing!!!! 2 kinds of crab, shrimp, mussels, crawfish, sausage and sides. We ate almost every single bite and could not believe that each one was cooked perfect. Atmosphere was fun. Service was fine. We would recommend!

2  Thank Myheartatthebeach
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is fun, the food is good, the service was horrible. We waited an hour for our food and had to get several different servers to help us because I don't know what happened to ours. It's fun to feed the alligators.