“Fun!”

Ranked #5 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Crab Shack isn't just a restaurant, it's a destination! We seat more than 700 guests and offer both indoor and outdoor dining options. Both dining rooms and our outdoor dining deck offer picturesque views of Chimney Creek. Both the young and young-at-heart will enjoy our interactive, educational "Gator Lagoon" which is home to 78 baby alligators; our aviary which is home to more than a dozen rescued exotic birds, and our "Gift Shack". The Crab Shack offers traditional Low Country fare, including fresh streamed and boiled seafood and slow-cooked BBQ. We also have a kid's menu available with burgers, hot dogs, and pizza. The Crab Shack is and always has been a family owned business, and recently began shipping our entrees in ready-to-be-cooked kits through LoCo To Go. Stop by and experience all we have to offer for yourself!
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Ate here in early September. The food was great, and there was a lot of it. The key lime pie is amazing. Service was a little slow. The outdoor hand washing stations are a nice touch. Our friends' daughters enjoyed feeding the gators. Would recommend The Crab Shack over Uncle Bubba's any day.

There are newer reviews for The Crab Shack

Reviewed September 27, 2013

If you like alligators, you'll like this place. They have them as pets, you can even feed them. This is a neat, out of the way, qwerky place that my husband and I went to for dinner on a date night. The seafood was very good and the atmosphere was fun.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

What a place, the seafood was magnificent, had the steamed platter for two and after that neither one of us wanted anymore seafood. It was enough food for three to four people, but I kept thinking there were starving kids in India so I better eat it all. I surrender with some crawdads, potatoes, and sausage left.
Don't miss this place.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

we tried this place two different times. Lunch and dinner. Lunch was the best. If you are into eating on plastic plates, using plastic utensils, then this will work for you. w
Was surprised that they didn't have any actual fish on menu (tilapia, halibut, cod).
Their shrimp salad was good.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Had a birthday dinner for one of our sons. Sat outside, which was great with 3 boys. Loved the music & the breeze. Out waitress, Becca, was super nice and attentive. Very relaxed place and loved the lighting in the trees. My kids liked seeing all the FAT cats too. Got the capts special for 2, to include shrimp, crawfish, clams & crablegs in a low country boil. The food was good and spiced well, although the shrimp wouldnt peel from the shell so I gave up on eating them. They were harder to break into than my crablegs. The crawfish were tiny, but maybe im just used to louisiana crawfish. My son and I also agreed that our dinner for two was demolished and we left hungry. My husband got some type of salad and crabcakes and was pleased. For the price I would expect the quantity AND quality to be much better. But I would recommend and woukd return learning from my last visit ;)