“Loved the Location!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Tybee Island
Woodstock, GA
“Loved the Location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2006

We stayed here for a long Spring Break weekend. I was pleasantly surprised at the accomodations. Room was nice and clean, appreciate the fridge, LOVED the proximity to the beach.
The staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. We had an issue our last morning there with NO hot water, but were able to shower in another room, so we were pleased with that.
We DEFINITELY will return!

• Stayed April 2006
6 Thank Tamtot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2006

Just wanted to give a thumbs up for this place. I was worried when we booked it because the hotel was so small, but it is run as well as any larger hotel. Room was clean except for a mysterious stain on one chair. Room was relatively spacious (for a beach hotel), had a fridge, microwave and nice TV. The game room was not much, but had a pool table. The location was great, parking was never a problem. Everything in the room (except for that chair) looked new and well kept. They had a really nice free continental breakfast every morning. AC worked well, too. They do not offer roll away beds. Next time I am in Tybee I will be staying there.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2005

My husband and I just came back from our vacation to Savannah and Tybee Island. We stayed 2 nights in Savannah and 2 nights in Tybee Island. We didn't make reservations ahead of time so we just dropped in each hotel to check out prices and availability. I truly regret choosing this place. The price was way too high for the quality. My main complaint was the bedding and mattresses. I have never been so disgusted in all of my life with the condition of the blankets, mattress and box springs. The blankets were a dark green color which showed every speck of dirt and hairs and lint and everything else. The box springs, which showed as soon as you pull the covers back, were completely flithy. When we first entered our room, I laid our luggage on one of the beds and it was instantly covered in sand. This bed had obviously not been changed since the last person checked out! When we first decided to choose this hotel, we asked to see the rooms prior to making reservations, but we were told that all rooms were booked so they couldn't show us the rooms. (This should have tipped me off to start with.) To top everything off, we couldn't check out and cancel our reservations after we saw the room due to a 72 hour cancellation policy. My husband and I just kept having to remind ourself that it was just for 2 nights. I would NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed August 2005
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island
Surf Song Bed & Breakfast
Surf Song Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Desoto Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!