“Stay somewhere else!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Tybee Island
A TripAdvisor Member
“Stay somewhere else!”
Reviewed August 24, 2005

My husband and I just came back from our vacation to Savannah and Tybee Island. We stayed 2 nights in Savannah and 2 nights in Tybee Island. We didn't make reservations ahead of time so we just dropped in each hotel to check out prices and availability. I truly regret choosing this place. The price was way too high for the quality. My main complaint was the bedding and mattresses. I have never been so disgusted in all of my life with the condition of the blankets, mattress and box springs. The blankets were a dark green color which showed every speck of dirt and hairs and lint and everything else. The box springs, which showed as soon as you pull the covers back, were completely flithy. When we first entered our room, I laid our luggage on one of the beds and it was instantly covered in sand. This bed had obviously not been changed since the last person checked out! When we first decided to choose this hotel, we asked to see the rooms prior to making reservations, but we were told that all rooms were booked so they couldn't show us the rooms. (This should have tipped me off to start with.) To top everything off, we couldn't check out and cancel our reservations after we saw the room due to a 72 hour cancellation policy. My husband and I just kept having to remind ourself that it was just for 2 nights. I would NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed August 2005
18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tybee Island
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island
Dunes Inn & Suites
Dunes Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Desoto Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!