Desoto Beach Hotel
Sea & Breeze Hotel(Tybee Island)
$101
  • Pool
Hotel Tybee(Tybee Island)(Great Value!)
$142
Sandcastle Inn(Tybee Island)
$157
$153
Travelocity
Dunes Inn & Suites(Tybee Island)
$101
Admiral's Inn(Tybee Island)
$120
$111
Agoda.com
Marriott's Monarch at Sea Pines(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
$354
Marriott's Grande Ocean(Hilton Head)
$454
Marriott
Sky Suites(Tybee Island)
TripAdvisor
Royal Palm Motel(Tybee Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,239 results
All reviewsroom was cleanheated poolcontinental breakfastocean frontoceanfront roomprivate balconydesoto beachstaff was very friendly and helpfuloff seasonyogurtnice poolcoffee makerspring breaklaid backtybeeislandmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

We booked here because they had a beach view room available. We stayed in room 301. The room has a nice view. It does look over their parking lot and pool before hitting the beach but we expected that upon arrival because we had checked their website. The room is outdated to say the least. The bed was just ok. It seamed old and I didn't care for the nylon sheet at all. The bathroom consisted of the toilet and walk-in shower. Very small room that you have to maneuver around just to shut the door. There is no vent in the bathroom but you don't have to worry about it so it seamed for us because the water pressure was so low steam never built up in the room. The vanity area is right when you walk in the door and the lighting is horrible. There is a mini fridge and microwave also in the room and that came in handy for us. When we checked in the light right above the sink was out and maintance did come right away and replace the bulb. Having the balcony was nice. We were able to leave only our screen closed though the night and feel a nice breeze and were able to fall asleep listening to the sound of the ocean. With our military discount I feel the room was a fair price. I don't know that I would pay more than that and I'm certain we won't stay here again. Don't buy their line that they are the only beachfront property or however it is they word it. Also, if you stay at the DeSoto you are about a 30 minute walk down to the pier. The continental breakfast included activa yogurt, bagels and muffins for you to toast and pastries along with cereal and a pitcher of cold milk. That's it. Oh, hot coffee also. Nothing hot (food), nothing fancy. For the price of their rooms I feel they should definitely improve on their breakfast. There's lots of private cottage rentals on Tybee, if you book ahead take the time to research them and you might be more comfortable than if you stay at the DeSoto.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank mnnofziger
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed on the first floor of the Terraces, a three floor building with a "room" on each level. The first floor is like a studio, bedroom, living room and kitchen combined. The gallery table was perfect for the three foot long puzzle we worked on for 3 days. The washer and dryer were a pleasant surprise. The porch did not have the best view of the beach because there is an older house between the Terraces and the private beach, but we could see the water from the rocking chairs. The porch also has a table with 4 chairs for eating and I slept on the hammock most of one night. The walk to the beach was very short, but we did not want to lug chairs and paid the adjacent Desoto hotel put chairs out for us. A little expensive for mid-September but still worth it for the space and proximity to the beach.

Room Tip: For best ocean view, take the third floor terrace.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank raffertysq
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The hotel was nicer than I expected... The queen room was spacious enough to accomodate 3 people comfortably. We didn't have a balcony as I'd hoped, but we were able to stand outside our room and look directly at the ocean. I would definitely stay here again... maybe every time I'm on Tybee. I like that it is away from the busier parts of the beach and more quiet and secluded... Parking is sometimes limited and tight, but okay...

Room Tip: Rooms on left of hotel offer a great view of the ocean...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We paid almost $200 for a one night stay. For that price, I would expect an exceptional room but the room was only OK. I would also expect friendly and respectful service. The front desk staff was RUDE and seemed to go out of their way to be unhelpful! We didn't have any trouble with the rest of the staff. The gentlemen who worked pool and beachside were helpful and friendly. After one night, we went to the Savannah Hyatt - got a fabulous room - great service and only paid $119!
I will NOT go back to the Desoto Beach Hotel. A note to the owner - you need to get rid of the people at the front desk. They are costing you business.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Cindy L
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed here since it is the only "hotel" on the beach. It has great access to the beach. The rest is just ordinary and really could use a visit from the Hotel Impossible guy! It needs an up-date and deep clean. The front desk was nice but not super professional. While the rooms are no smoking there are many people smoking on the balconies. For one night the visit was fine but not for a whole week's stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo