“Great place!”

Beachview Resort
Ranked #2 of 8 Tybee Island B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Beachview is everything you want in a b&b. Karen, bless her heart, has created a glimpse of the old South, with gracious hospitality, very clean and new bedding and towels, plus delicious full breakfasts. We enjoyed the Presidential suite with a huge four-poster bed and claw foot tub. Well worth a visit!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Bob H
Beachview B, Owner at Beachview Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Thanks! I love Beachview and find it very relaxing and calming and such a peaceful place to stay. I make ever effort possible to keep our place clean and comfortable. Your review means a lot to us and we do appreciate the business.

Thanks for noticing and Please come back to see us!

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed in Mary's Suite for a couple nights and loved it! Beautiful and very clean with a wonderful staff. Would definitely stay here again. Really enjoyed visiting with Karen and Bella.

Stayed: April 2014

Thank you so much!! We do our best to make everyone feel happy and at home! We hope you will be able to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

My husband had a business meeting in Savannah so we decided to come to Tybee for the weekend. We had never been to Tybee - but now we love it. Being a guest at this wonderful B&B was a wonderful, unexpected gift. We had a lovely time. It is a lovely place - very inviting, serene, beautiful, relaxing. The owners thought of every detail - even down to the special soap made on Tybee. Thank you, Karen. We can't wait to come again. I almost hate to tell people about how wonderful it was because I'm afraid I won't be able to get a room!! Also, Karen, we enjoyed our conversation about how you did the restoration of this beautiful place. See you as soon as possible!

Room Tip: We really liked the Ocean View Room and the wonderful porch right outside.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much!!

I think we have a perfect escape from Atlanta and Savannah!! glad you choose to stay at Beachview!! We do our best to make everyone feel happy and at home! We hope you will be able to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

My wife decided to get away to Tybee Island for the weekend and chose this B&B. We got the last room available which proved to be a room created in the upper reaches of an old house. The room was HUGE, the largest room I have ever stayed in considering hotels or other B&Bs. It was furnished with multiple pieces of antique furniture and the lighting fixtures even appeared to be period (probably faux). The floors were a light stained oak except in the bathroom where it was a small black and white tile. The room included a kitchenette with microwave (no cooktop), a full sized refrigerator and several cabinets. Being in the attic of the house the wall and ceiling structure had multiple facets. That only proved to be a problem in the bathroom where both my wife and I bumped our heads on the low side of the ceiling several times. There was not a closet in the room we had, but there was an armoire which was short and would not have held a lot. Despite being in the attic the room had multiple windows coming into it so it was bright. The bathroom was of an ample size and had a shower, no tub, and was well appointed with towels, etc. The whole place was spotless, very well kept. My only pick was the price, $280 per night.
Breakfast was free and hot every morning. We ate on the porch overlooking the street. There were several hot offerings available and fruit. The hot food tended to be a little heavy on the cheese. Fruit and pastries were also available. Free soft drinks and other snacks were available all the time.
There were beach bikes available.
The B&B is about a block from the beach. Very nice location, great staff.

Room Tip: The lower rooms were smaller and less expensive. We did not find a thermostat in the upper room, it...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Randy L

Thanks!! We appreciate your review and hope you will come back soon. The upper room is over 700 square feet while the lower rooms on the main floor are only 160 to 200 square feet. Thats why we charge $90.00 more for the 700 square foot apartment. The thermostat is in our kitchen. I am so sorry I did not show that to you.

Hope you come back to see us real soon!!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights. Karen greeted us warmly and helped us get acquainted with the Private Quarters room which had a small kitchenette. Everything was lovely, from the comfortable bed to the delicious breakfast and snacks! There is a refreshment hour around 5 o'clock each evening that is great to meet other guests.

Our room was one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed. There are nice and convienant amenities available like beach bikes, towels and chairs. We used the bikes everyday. If we come back to Tybee Island I'm sure we will try to stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank RVARachel
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I first stayed at this beautiful B&B over two years ago. We have been known to go as many as 5 times in a year! Since our first stay, this has been our favorite "get away." The suites are fantastic! The bed linens are too sumptuous to describe and we always get a unit with a small kitchen area. We can easily pack our cooler and walk just a few steps to the beach for a wonderful day of sun and sand, or the location is great for walking to restaurants and shops. Karen and Frank are delightful, gracious hosts. Their breakfasts are too delicious to miss and evenings spend on the veranda with our favorite beverage is the perfect end to a wonderful day. We're always looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: Waterscape is larger with a kitchen area and a beautiful patio for lounging. Mary's Suite has a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My friend and I spent two nights here. We planned a trip to Savannah not realizing it was St. Patricks day weekend and had trouble finding a decent place to stay. We opted to spend the weekend in Tybee and we're so glad we did. Beachview far exceeded our expectations. We stayed in the privates quarters which was on the ground level and much bigger than what I was expecting based on the pictures. I was very pleasantly surprised. It was all very new and extremely clean, again surpassing our expectations. Traveling around Tybee a bit I definitely did not see anything else that even came close to Beachview! Its also very close to the beach. The breakfast was great. Really above and beyond, probably the best meal we had on the island. Karen was extremely friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed chatting with her about all the work she put into the place. It really showed! Would definitely go back!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
#3 of 8 in Tybee Island
Surf Song Bed & Breakfast
Surf Song Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Beachview Resort? Share your experiences!