“Short-Trip but long on memories”

Beachview Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 8 Tybee Island B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chapin, South Carolina
“Short-Trip but long on memories”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Just got back from a quick trip to Tybee and a wonderful stay at the Beachview! We stayed in the Octavia room right next to the kitchen. Beautifully decorated and so clean. Very comfortable bed with plenty of pillows. Even though the room was righ next to the kitchen and breakfast area, we loved the convenience of being able to slip out and get a glass of wine or cup of coffee. Karen and Frank were very hospitable and you can tell Karen loves the business. Beautiful beginnings to gardens outside along with some pet rabbits for fun.

We will definately come back to this relaxing and gorgeous location! Thank you!

Room Tip: Small island with a lot of traffic. All of the rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dawn H

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
atlanta
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I could not have been happier with our stay. From the moment we arrived we were warmly greeted and shown our room. We stayed at the Presidente room and it looked exactly like the photos, maybe even better. I could have stayed in that beautiful bathroom all day long. The bed was also very comfortable.

Breakfast was amazing each day. When we booked the room I was asked of any food allergies. I have a gluten allergy and made sure to indicate that. Karen went out of her way to make sure that she had gluten free crackers out for me during cheese and wine hour. For breakfast she made me crust-less quiche. I was so grateful at the consideration that went into it.

Me and my fiance went to Tybee hoping for a very relaxing getaway. Staying at the B&B was exactly what we needed. It was overall a great experience and I loved waking up feeling like I was staying at something in a Coastal Living magazine. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: If you like to sleep in late (although defeats the purpose of staying at a B&B) I would get a ro...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mimi_100atl
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2012

What a gem! We just spent a fabulous 2 night/3 day at the Beachview while visiting Georgia. The B & B is immaculate and this older inn has been beautifully updated while keeping the original charm intact. Karen, the owner/innkeeper has put alot of effort, personal touches and attention to detail into her B & B. We arrived early and our room was ready so we were able to check in and enjoy the day. We stayed in the President's Suite which was spacious and airy with a huge ensuite bathroom. I did see some of the other rooms and I would have been happy to have stayed in any of them. Loved sitting on the veranda Breakfast was delicious and freshly cooked. The daily treats and refreshments left out at various times was a lovely - and appreciated - touch. One of the best things about this B & B was that we felt like we were staying at a friends house....very welcoming and very relaxing. We wish we lived closer so we could visit more often!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LUGGAGETAGH
Gastonia, North Carolina
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We stayed at this bed and breakfast for a weekend and it was top of the line! The whole house was clean and the owners made it very relaxing. The breakfast was great food and being able to sit on the deck with a beverage in the afternoon looking at the beach right down the street was awesome!

I recommend Breachview to anyone who enjoys a quality and relaxation.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank charlestonluvit
Beachview B, Owner at Beachview Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thank you so much! We are thankful people are enjoying the "old girl". Come back soon.

Karen Kelly
Atlanta
Reviewed April 12, 2012

First off, I'd like to say that I am usually a very content traveller and I don't usually write reviews other than positive ones. I am not one of those people who go on Yelp and Trip Advisor and bash a business because of a bad waiter or soggy food. But after this particular trip I felt compelled to share my experience. My girlfriend and I needed a nice beach getaway and decided on Tybee Island for a holiday weekend getaway. When I first looked at the Beach View I thought it looked fantastic and its proximity to the beach and surrounding restaurants was perfect. I booked the trip about 3-4 weeks out and didn't get my first choice, but the "Love Shack" cottage was available so we took that. I had a brief phone conversation with Karen, who seemed a bit frazzled by the festivities of that weekend, but I wasn't alarmed since it seemed like they were just getting the B&B opened. However, I was a bit wary when I was invoiced for a pet fee (when I don't own a pet let alone said anything about bringing one), as well as being told via email that "breakfast wasn't included" with this particular reservation (nothing on the website about that one). I followed up a week out with a phone call after not receiving a reply on my email inquiring about the charges, and was told they would take the pet fee off but that for us to be able to eat breakfast (at a Bed and Breakfast), that we would need to "decide on a fair price". I figured I would just go with it, but once again, red flags. I told Karen that we weren't sure what time we would be there, but it wouldn't be until at least 6pm.

On the Thursday of our stay, we had about a six hour drive, but ran through weather that put us in Tybee at 9pm. Late, but not an obscene hour. Road weary and ready for a warm bed and hot shower, we arrived and were directed up to the office by Karen's husband. Karen seemed to be a bit frazzled upon first observation. I told her my name and reservation. At this point my girlfriend and I were told that apparently a painter had broken a water main that led between our cottage and the main house. We asked what the repercussions of that would be and whether the place was flooded, without water, etc. We were immediately scolded and told that it was not flooded, the water was off. We calmly asked again, would we need to have them turn on the water if we wanted to shower, etc. This seemed to enrage Karen, who slammed her hands down on the table and berated us again. At that point we asked her to calm down and not talk to us that way. Without any further discussion, she offered us our money back. We gladly took her up on her offer after that outburst, at which point we were told "good luck finding anything on Tybee." She then frustratingly worked her way through refunding my credit card, lecturing me the whole time and continuing to make excuses and not apologies, while my girlfriend stepped outside and had us a room at the best B&B on the island within 15 minutes.

I vow that we were not rude, we were not demanding, we just asked questions. We were not accommodated after being on the road all day, we were not met with a polite welcome, we were met by an unstable innkeeper who gave us the third degree right from the moment we walked in the door. I would urge anyone who is considering Beach View Bed and Breakfast to take this into account before making it your destination.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
24 Thank PatO_20
Beachview B, Owner at Beachview Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
The Love Shack is not part of the Bed and Breakfast. It is clearly explained on the website that the Love Shack is a seperate cottage within the same block as the B & B.

When Patrick arrived at the Bed and Breakfast instead of at the Love Shack it was almost 9pm. I had no idea he had not checked into the Love Shack and had no idea that the water main had been broken and the water was turned off. At the time Patrick arrived at my office my husband said "by the way there is a problem with the water and it will be turned off until morning" Patrick and I learned of this at the same time. I was flustrated and I am sorry that it showed. I had no idea when the plumber was coming or even if my husband had called the plumber. Patrick's girlfriend keep repeating "when can we take a shower? How will we know? Will we call you every time before we need to use the water?" I kept saying "I have no idea but when I find out I will let you know" Also I said "If you want out of this reservation i will refund your money" This is what they choose to do. Patrick NEVER saw one of our rooms or the Love Shack! It would be great if someone would at least see the facitlity before telling others not to ever go there.

Yes we had a pipe busted, yes I was flustrated and am Scotish so it shows when I am upset and I apologize for this. However the Beachview Bed and Breakfast is a wonderful place to stay! The rooms are beautiful, clean and have many amenities, The breakfast is outstanding and the Old Home has a lot of Charm. The Love Shack is also very nice but it totally separate from the B & B. It is NOT NEW and it is HALF th Price of the B & B.

Please do not judge us by this comment!!

Karen Kelly
madison, wi
Reviewed April 8, 2012

This B & B is recently opened. the owners have restored a beautiful old inn. they retained the original name, but the view is quite decreased by all of the building that has happened between them and the ocean in the more than 100 years that have passed. You can sit on the lovely porch and see the ocean though. And it is a very easy walk to the sea. The rooms are lovely, with wonderful beds. We stayed in the president suite, one of three rooms that open off of the breakfast area, which is slightly less private, but the sound proofing is quite good, and it wasn't really a problem. Karen, the owner, has wine and cheese every afternoon, and puts out treats in the evening, and is very outgoing and hospitable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank drala108
woodbury,nj
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Had a wonderful week in this newly renovated bed and breakfast. Karen and Frank do all they can to make you feel at home and help with planning daily activities. We had a room with a private entrance which was large with a small kitchen area. Breakfast was delicious, and we really enjoyed the afternoon snacks and daily baked goods.The reason for only 4 stars is our room description said amazing ocean views, and that led me to believe that we were ocean front, which was not the case. We could see a part of the ocean, the view was ok, but not what I expected. The view was better from the porch on the second floor.
Try this B&B for a relaxing place to stay when visiting Tybee Island!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island
Surf Song Bed & Breakfast
Surf Song Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Beachview Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!