“It was everything I hoped for and more!”
Review of Sea & Breeze Hotel

Sea & Breeze Hotel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Tybee Island
Reviewed July 23, 2009

First off the room was almost exactly as pictured. The managment was very friendly. There was a variety of older and younger couples. We stayed in room 116 the shower was amazing! The mini fridge kept drinks, lunch meat, & condiments cold. The microwave was clean and the vanity area had room under the sink for our cooler. I could even pull up a chair at the vanity to do my hair and make up. Their were plenty of hangers and LOTS of drawer space so we didn't have to live out of a suit case. EVERYTHING was in walking distance. We drive a four door F150 and had trouble getting into the parking spaces, so we just found a spot and walked everywhere. I do suggest making sure the pull out sofa has bedding on it. Ours did not. I had to ask the next day for sheets, luckily we had a couple extra blankets for the kids. Oh I can't forget my favorite part was the hammock right outside of our room!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Sea & Breeze Hotel

Reviewed June 28, 2009

My family and I just got back from a few day's stay here. After reading reviews on here, I thought I was making a good choice. The room was clean upon arrival, and I'll have to say the beds were very comfortable. But that was about the end of the good. The rooms are small no room for anything but the beds, the water pressure was terrible, the room had no lamps, the power outlet at the sink didn't work so I had to set the coffee maker in the floor beside the bed to make my coffee, the walkway outside was filthy, Quite time was a joke I don't know who the motorcyclist was on here that complained but there was one here and it fired up everynight about 11:30, kids ran up and down the walkway during quite time. I'm still not sure what the $5.00 per day cleaning fee was for but when I asked someone to sweep the floor of our room I was told they weren't suppose to so I quess it was for clean towels and toiletpaper.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Knowing that Tybee Island welcomed thousands of bikers from across this State and others for the 2008 H.O.G. State Rally I was really looking forward to a relaxing weekend on the beach for myself and a couple of friends.

Reservations were made at the Sea and Breeze Beach Club and prior arrangements (TWO phone calls) had been made to receive two parking passes as we were coming in from different locations. Upon arriving, I received these permits only to have another man from the Beach Club take the permit from my friend, rip it in pieces and order him off the property. I was appalled at the treatment we received and had never before experienced such blatant discrimination. (There were PLENTY of open parking spaces at the motel.)

The room was nothing special to warrant $150 per night. The beach is NOT 150 ft from the room, more like a couple of blocks. The amenities in this room were not up to standards in my opinion.

I vacation quite a bit but after this incident, I will choose to spend my money in places that welcome ALL and will never be returning to Tybee Island.

This letter will also go out to the thousands of motorcycle enthusiasts on numerous websites encouraging them to vacation elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank GeorgiaNeeCee
Reviewed June 8, 2009

a friend of mine rented a room for the weekend, and purchased 2 parking passes. One for herself and girlfriend and one for myself @150 dollars a night, there were no amenities such as tissue, towels, coffee . While backing my motorcycle into the parking area, a gentleman who claimed to be the owner, took my parking pass from me and tore it to shreds, telling me, without looking that it was invalid, then proceeded to threaten to have my bike towed away...is this service? The sea and breeze hotel is unfriendly to soldiers and bikers alike. Later on in the evening, the same gentleman had me arrested for no reason, he claimed he told me not to return to the property, he did not.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank southernoutlaw
Reviewed June 5, 2009

This was not my first stay at Sea Breeze, but I must say it was my last. Making the reservation by phone was very easy and quite pleasant with the young man that helped me. However on the day of check in we found the pool was not open until after 3:00 pm and on the second day (which we asked for a refund and relocated) the pool would not be opened at all. The female clerk was not very accomodating and actually said :"I just work here" when we asked for assistance. The parking is terrible....even though it is boasted as covered parking garage....don't be fooled. Very tight spaces and last year while staying here the rear window of my vehicle was busted out. I assume it was random vandalism because a concrete block was laying inside my SUV but thankfully nothing was taken.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank jacobeth
Reviewed August 23, 2008

We got a great last-minute deal on a room at the Sea & Breeze (they call them "mind the gap specials" on their website) and could not have been happier with our stay! The pool was the best and we took advantage of the gas grills that are poolside. The room was nicely appointed, clean, and comfortable. We enjoyed being so close to the pier, and when we had an unexpected late afternoon thundstorm that forced us out of the pool, the kids took advantage of the Wii in the lobby. I would highly recommend a stay at the Sea & Breeze -- for the price, it was an excellent place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank yeahthatsright
Reviewed August 18, 2008

My husband and I stayed 2 nights and loved the renovated room. My only complaint was about 2 chairs that where bolted in the corner outside the room for "our use" only, I guess there was no way to control that, but we had people staring into our room, and using the chairs all hours of the night. We tried to stop someone once, and they looked at us like it was none of our business. Chairs need to be removed. Housekeeping needs to be alittle better, overall, beautifully decorated and staff was superb!!! Will definately stay again, we can't wait to try some of the other decorated rooms.

Stayed: June 2008
#22 of 28 in Hilton Head
Hotel Tybee
Hotel Tybee
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Sea & Breeze Hotel? Share your experiences!