“Turtle Trot Stay”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Tybee Island
Atlanta, Georgia
“Turtle Trot Stay”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My daughter and I stayed her April 25-27th, 2014 for the Tybee Turtle Trot 5k. We checked in on Friday around 730pm. I love how the hotel is within walking distance to everything we liked, the pier, the Marine Science Museum, the beach, shops and cafes. The room was to my expectations for a beach hotel. Tile floors, nothing fancy but a good place to lay my head at night. The staff were very nice and friendly and helpful. One thing I didnt like was the parking but its understandable. The AC was old but worked fine. The property was quiet at night. Dont let the outside looks fool you, its a nice place to stay for a beachy weekend. Ide stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street are less noisy than the ones closer to the street. The parking isnt great...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Wendy M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Hartwell, Georgia
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was just an average room. Our sheets were never changed the enitre week we were there, and the floor was never swept. We had sand everywhere !!! No irons or board or hairdryers in room. The lobby picture on the website, is not what the office looks like anymore, please take that pictue off of your website. For the rate per night, this place should have been alot nicer. We had broken items in the room....the film on the window is peeling off...the curtains are broken, etc. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Leigh P

Travelers are raving about these Tybee Island hotels

Columbus, North Carolina
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The hotel is sketchy. I'm fairly certain somebody on the staff stole my wallet while cleaning my room. So overall I'm very unhappy with the staff service. The close location to the beach is about the only positive.

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank hippndhdnn
Justin F, General Manager at Sea & Breeze Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time in writing your review. With regards to "staff service & your wallet going missing" this was never brought to anyone's attention. If it was brought to our attention, then the issue would have been handled very swiftly and the police would have been involved. It's unfortunate that you think our property is "sketchy", but you are entitled to your own opinion and we respect that. I invite you to email me, directly, so we can go into more detail about your reservation. justin@tybeeseaandbreezehotel.com
Reviewed April 11, 2014

First of all we paid over 100 dollars for a quick one night stay. I would have rather slept in my car. The floors turned my feet black, the shower had hair in it, I took a white towel and ran i t across the floor and it turned black because of the filth. The bed was like sleeping on a rock, and we we woke up several times throughout the night due to noise,as the walls are paper thin. I will never stay here again, and my car got a ding in it because of the tight parking. I would've left had there been anywhere else with vacancy. Horrible place, will not be back.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank neesmithdj
Justin F, General Manager at Sea & Breeze Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time in writing your review. It's unfortunate you weren't pleased during your 1 night stay. I have sent you a private message regarding your reservation.
Bellevue, Ohio
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I recently spent 3 days alone and 2 days with family members at the Sea & Breeze. The location couldn't be beat. Just a few minutes walk to the beautiful beach, fishing pier, shops and restaurants. The staff was friendly and helpful. Although it was a little too cool to use, the pool was beautiful with a spacious deck for a little reading in the sun. A huge plus is the free parking, a rarity on Tybee Island. While I was there alone I felt very safe. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would think the rooms closer to the street could get noisy. There is a lot of action on that stree...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Sharon m
Justin F, General Manager at Sea & Breeze Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We truly appreciate your honesty & accuracy within the review. Great tip on "rooms closer to street" being a bit noisy during busy nights because of our pristine location. We look forward to serving you in the future!!
Perry, Georgia
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Amy checked me in, Met all my requests at the sea breeze excellent!!! I can't wait to return the newly renovated Hotel located so close to the beach it's the perfect spot.

The best deal I've had in a long time.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank pennytangel2b
Justin F, General Manager at Sea & Breeze Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. It's always a pleasure hearing positive feedback about our property and personnel. We look forward to serving you in the future!
Eatonton, Georgia
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Im not one for hotels with the doors leading to the outside, for safety reasons. But my husband booked us the room for the night for my birthday, just he and I, so it wasnt bad. The hotel was cheap, but decent. The rooms were decorated very cute and beachy. Tile floors, so the sand from the beach was a bit of a pain, and cold and slippery on your toes comin out of the shower, lol. The decor in the room was precious and beachy. There was an adorable large oval mirror with starfish and shells around the rim. However, people had been picking off the seashells and what-not for a while now, so the hotel could have fixed it to make it look nicer.
But the bed was very comfortable! The bathroom was nice and the room was clean!
The hotel pool is smack in the center so easily accessible.
The parking garage is beneath the hotel and is a bit sketchy but works. I never went without my husband anyways, lol.
Its right on a little strip road toward the beach, across from many lil shops and ice cream parlor, so thats nice! However, with that, comes a bit of noise, but wasnt anything upsetting. My husband and I would go right outside our door, onto a community balcony, nice breeze, with a partial view (lean over just a tad to ur right and look left to see the ocean...not bad) of the ocean, and watch all the people walking around and all.
Overall, for couples or solo, its a 7/10. Id go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BrittanySharp
Justin F, General Manager at Sea & Breeze Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time in writing your review. It's always a pleasure hearing positive feedback from our customers. I truly appreciate you honesty and accuracy within your review, and we look forward to serving you in the future!! Have a blessed day.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tybee Island
#22 of 28 in Hilton Head
Hotel Tybee
Hotel Tybee
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Sea & Breeze Hotel? Share your experiences!