“well needed beach time”
Review of Sea & Breeze Hotel

Sea & Breeze Hotel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Tybee Island
Reviewed October 28, 2012

just wanted to thank Leonard and his staff for a wonderful experience.we had previous reservations that had to be cancelled at the last minute due to my dads passing,we called to reschedule trip and was still given our discount and upon arrival Leonard asked how I was doing as well as my family was very thoughtful and much appreciated.Well it was also a great location room was very clean the beds were very comfortable and the air worked great.Youre within walking distance of beach,restaurants/bars and shops.we will be back.Thank you again for a wonderful experience

Room Tip: we stayed in room 208 very comfortable
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Betty M
DSiddel, General Manager at Sea & Breeze Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you!
We pray that your family finds comfort, and that everyone is okay. I hope to see you soon.

God Bless you!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is your basic beach motel with no frills but clean rooms and helpful front desk. After all, what more do you need? Location is the key, restaurants/bars just across the street and the wide beach and pier are just a 2 minute walk. Parking is on ground level rooms next level up are the rooms. Trust me, you will like the Sea & Breeze

1  Thank TEMELIAN
DSiddel, General Manager at Sea & Breeze Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

We at the Sea and Breeze are proud of the fact that you enjoyed your stay at our property. I hope to see you return soon, so that we can have another opportunity to serve you. Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had unit 211. The unit was clean except for the shower curtain. I asked that it be changed and a new curtain was put in right away. The unit came with a small refrigerator, coffee pot, micro wave and & toaster. It also had dishes, mugs and glasses, which was a nice surprise. My husband & I had breakfast in the room each morning. The pool area was clean and a nice place to have a drink in the evening. The WiFi was down all week so I had to go to the lobby to have access to the internet. This unit doesn't have maid service during the week, but we did get clean towels and sheets when I requested them at the office. The bed was very uncomfortable and the chairs in the units were worse. The location was perfect, right on Tybee's main street. You are within walking distance of just about everything. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
DSiddel, General Manager at Sea & Breeze Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank for your time writing this review about our property. We appreciate what you have stated about the cleanliness of the unit. There are a few things that I wanted to bring to the audiences attention. This unit, room 211 is not owned or managed by the hotel. We only clean this unit once a week for Travel Advantage Network (owner of this unit and 5 other units). We are not responsible for renting the unit, the units decor, mattresses, or amenities it provides. We only agree to clean their units once per week, and provide clean linens on Wednesday's. All units that are booked through and for Sea&Breeze Hotel and Condo, are cleaned on a daily bases. We also manage and maintain them.

Best Regards,

General Manager, Sea&Breeze Hotel & Condo

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Ok, I read all the reviews about this place and saw that some were praising it and some were bashing it. I checked in today because: I was curious, the low rates during October, you are literally smack dab in the middle of Tybrisa St which if you have been here is THE place to be while being a beach bum for your vacation while visiting Tybee. All the good resturants, beach junk shops, convenient store, pavillion/pier and the best waves on Tybee are in walking distance.
With that said, I found the folks at the front desk genuinly pleasant.

My room is very clean, has nice tile floors, has an HDMI flat screen with cable with well over 100 channels. My bed is a queen and has a Serta pillow top mattress and box springs and 4 Serta pillows. There is a nice heavy duty leather couch ( it may pull out, I dont know). A microwave, a small refrigerator ( the little kind). A very small metal table with 2 metal chairs. A clean bathroom with a Tub/Shower combination.

The parking is ok if you have a modern small car... I have a Yukon (Suburban) and it can be a bit tight. The ice machine works, the pool looks clean, I saw a washer and dryer in the hall, The elevator works and does not smell like some one said in some previously whiney post. Its not a five star hotel, but there isnt one on Tybee. If you want something super nice and spacious, find you a Condo or nice house and pay up and shut up. If you want convenience and clean and dont mind a little age, this is the place for you. If you dont have a car, this is the best place on the island ( parking on Tybee is expensive, really expensive) If you do have a car, this is still great.
I had room 201, smallest room they have I think, One single queen for my wife and I. I am 53 years old and realistic. Tybee is way over priced during the summer, but is a neat place to go. One tank trip from Atlanta.

Room Tip: Rooms 226, 227, 201 and 202 have a large open area in front of them that over look the strip as well...
7  Thank Jon G
DSiddel, General Manager at Sea & Breeze Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. This review definately gives a fair assessment of our property. We are still moving forward with improving our property and we hope to be even better the next time you visit Tybee Island. Again, thank you!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

A big "THANK YOU!" to Leonard Massey, the GM at S&B Hotel. He went out of his way to see to it our 3 day stay was comfortable and convenient. The entire staff was friendly and helpful, and helped make our stay most enjoyable and relaxing. Our room was clean and the proximity to the beaches and restaurants was most convenient. All around a pleasurable experience!

Room Tip: Third floor on south end seems to be quieter.
1  Thank Kevin M

Reviews like this make us proud to be in the service industry. It is our joy to make vacationer experiences everything they hoped for coming into our establishment. We love to see you smile, laugh, and enjoy yourselves, and if we are apart of the experience, it gives us the highest level of gratitude. Thank you!

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

We are currently staying in room 119 for pirate fest. The bathroom door has slats in the top part of the door. Problem is when the door is closed you can see into the bathroom. So you can see someone in the bathroom naked and/or on the toilet.
Employees have come to look at the door but have done NOTHING! Last night the employer said he would leave a message for morning people to get it corrected asap - nope, that didn't happen. No message was left. Today another employee came to see the door and nothing was done. In fact, both employees admitted they knew about the problem. We were told sorry no other room was available but we could move tomorrow. Was told manager will be in at 8pm - we can talk to him then if we want. Why should we go out of our way?!? We are checking out tomorrow and paid cash for our room.
iIts not very convenient or time effective to try to keep three kids away from the bathroom door when someone is in it!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Meanderin
DSiddel, General Manager at Sea & Breeze Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

On behalf of the Sea&Breeze Hotel, I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience, and the trouble this caused you. This particular unit's door is designed this way, and we could not demolition the door because of its design.The room has another door to the outside of the bathroom, which blocks off the bathroom entirely. The staff explained this to the guest, and showed her how the bathroom is blocked off by the extra door, however this guest did not like the particular arrangement. Our employees went to the guest room numerous times, which she admits, so the claim that customer service was bad cannot be accurate given the number of times she says we came to the room. We were sold out for the festival and could not move her to a different unit. We also gave the guest a certificate for one complimentary stay. We apologize for her trouble, however this particular issue was due to unit design, which we could not reasonably address over a weekend.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I read many of the reviews of this hotel before booking my trip. I was attending a wedding on the Island and wanted to have as much time on the beach as possible (and not have to drive a ton) as we were only there for 2 nights.

We were greeted by the staff and our room was ready when we checked in. It was one of the rooms that is featured on the website. Parking was free and right underneath our room. We could walk to shops, restaurants, and the beach and not have to get in our car. Their pool area was nice and a great place to enjoy morning coffee and late night drinks.

From checking the website, I knew that they didn't provide some "usual" amenities like Hairdryer and coffee maker in the room. So I brought a travel dryer and got coffee in the lobby. They do provide a microwave and refrigerator and a great tv with a dvd player.

Everyone we met on the island was so nice and accommodating. The bride and her maid of honor actually dressed in our room for the wedding. We got her to the church on time!

I would highly recommend the Sea & Breeze hotel. If I ever get back to Tybee (which I hope that I do!), I would not hesitate to stay there again. And try out Bernie's Oyster House across the street - great food and a wonderful waitress. And the daquiri bar underneath the hotel was an added bonus! :). Thanks to the staff of the Sea & Breeze for a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
DSiddel, General Manager at Sea & Breeze Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

From everyone on Tybee Island, we would like to thank you! You have painted a wonderful picture of how we view are island, and we strive for everyone to have the kind of experience that you had. It is always good to here from our guests and we will continue to deliver great customer service to everyone that visits us.

Thank you!

#2 of 8 in Tybee Island
Dunes Inn & Suites
Dunes Inn & Suites
#3 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Sea & Breeze Hotel? Share your experiences!