“Great Weekend!”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Tybee Island
Griffin, Georgia
“Great Weekend!”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Sea & Breeze Hotel for the first time. Our room was better than I expected after reading some of the reviews. We come to Tybee Island every now and then for quick weekend trips every few years. I am used to the musty and dark hotel rooms - expected. However, our room was GREAT! The shower was amazing and our room was very clean. NO MUSTY SMELL! Tile floors are hard to keep free of all sand but they felt and looked clean. Our bed was VERY comfortable! The only complaint that I had was that the door to the adjoining room was terrible. Luckily our neighbors sounded like a very sweet couple. I even felt like I was in the room as they decided what clothes to wear for the night out on the town. lol! We even had cleaning service and on Saturday too! We WILL stay again. Great location to beach, food and shops.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tampyle
DSiddel, General Manager at Sea & Breeze Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Thank you for this great review. As always, it is great to here from all our guests, especially when they enjoyed themselves at our hotel. We look forward to having you back as a guest, with the opportunity to serve you again. The next time you stay, we will be sure to put you a more quiet room.

Thanks,

Leonard Massey
General Manager, Sea and Breeze Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I was shock at the conditions but we were so tired we did not even bother opening the dirty beds and slept with our towels for sheet...the tub was scary...thank God for flip flops we did not have to touch it with our feet. The beach was fantastic especially early morn...I will never stay there again...I should have slept in our car.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank TVOLPE
DSiddel, General Manager at Sea & Breeze Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Thank you for your review. I would also like to apologize for the experience that you had at our hotel. We have made progress in regards to housekeeping, but we are not satisfied until every guest fully enjoys their stay with us. I hope that we can have another opportunity to serve you, and change the way you feel about our hotel. This issue will be addressed in timely fashion.

Leonard Massey
General Manager, Sea and Breeze Hotel

Travelers are raving about these Tybee Island hotels

Batavia, IL
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Hotel was very modern on the inside. We loved the location....walking distance to the ocean and restaurants. The hotel manager rocked...and so did the employee's. They stayed open for us for a late arrival. We liked the parking garage underneath the rooms. Hope to someday make it back!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank bmcclain04
LindySavannahGA, Owner at Sea & Breeze Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
Hello,

Thank you so much for your nice review. We try our best to please everyone but sometimes it doesn't happen. We are glad you had such a nice vacation.

Thank you!!

Lindy
Gray, Georgia
Reviewed July 24, 2011

The lobby had no air but i saw a fan and new this place was doomed from the start. The parking deck was good as far as having shade but the spots were to tight and too full. We came in at night not knowing what the hotel look like. But the next day we noticed how bad the railing needed painting. The air conditionimg units were old and didn't cool the otherside of the room. The shower ran good. The beds were comfortable. There was a nice flat screen TV that was on when you first walked in. The floors had sand on them and needed mopping. The shower curtain was nasty. There was no table and chairs to sit down other than the bed. Also the night stand had penny's and other stuff that led me to believe this place had not been cleaned. The temperature of the pool was nice but someone's weave was floating in the pool. This is definitely only for laying your head down at night.

• Stayed July 2011
5 Thank acuragirl78
Hello,

I am the owner of rooms 114 and 227. I am sorry that you did not have a good experience. If I may ask, what room did you stay in. I notice the picture is of my room but this is not the room you were in. My room has a table and two chairs and is beautifully decorated.

I have addressed the other issues with management and will get them corrected.

Thank you for your review.

Lindy
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Are room was very nice looking and had a unique shower which we enjoyed. The location is good except noise from all the bars get to be a little annoying at night and the rooms a re jointed and that door does not block sound to your neighbors. Overall its a little overpriced but it has a great location for beach. We would not stay again though

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the pool!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zstaylor22
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I love the town. It is a party town. The hotel reflects this. Housekeeping stinks. They seem to clean the floors a little, and leave everything else. The tub had sand in it, and the toilet was dirty. The staff is wonderful, and tried to do what they could. The location to the beach, and the party scene is perfect. Right in the middle. The first thing you get when you arrive is the parking... If you get there on a weekend, and you are lucky enough to be able to fit into one of their spots, stay there or you wont get in again. Normal size cars may fit, but trucks wont, and park at angles taking up 2 or more spots. As long as you only sleep here and don't expect too much, it is a decent place to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jpowelly
LindySavannahGA, Owner at Sea & Breeze Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
I am so sorry that you had a bad experience at the hotel. I personally own the room you stayed in and am very disturbed that the cleaning was poor. I have contacted the management of the property along with the VP of the company that owns the majority share in the hotel. They have had a meeting with the housekeeping staff and put them on notice. This will not be tolerated. We you know you have a choice and we hope that you give us another chance.

Lindy Bachner
Morrow, Georgia
Reviewed June 29, 2011

staying at the Sea and Breeze was one of the most pleasant experiences we encountered on the island. totally unexpected. we stayed 3 nights with arrival on friday during the Beach Bum Festival. special needs child in a wheelchair and active 9 year old in tow. happily found the rooms clean and odor free. the staff and manager more than willing to accomadate. steps from the beach.
during our stay the elevator did go out making in necessary to utilize the stairs. every effort was made to repair the elevators within 24 hours. we called to get the refrigerator replaced, it was done within 30 minutes.
finally my one negative note was the refrigerator on the floor. it seemed the norm, but did not sit well with me.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
#22 of 28 in Hilton Head
Hotel Tybee
Hotel Tybee
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Sea & Breeze Hotel? Share your experiences!