“A Complete Nightmare!!!”
Review of Sea & Breeze Hotel

Sea & Breeze Hotel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Tybee Island
Reviewed November 13, 2007

This place was absolutely horrible. I stayed there with my mother and two children over the Labor Day weekend. When we arrived it was pouring down raining. We were told if we couldn't find a parking place that we could park across the street and pay. I was not told this when we made reservations. We were up all night because of the all the drunks and loud noises. I actually feared for the safety of my family. Sandy's by the Shore would not take responsibilty and refused to be held accountable for the property. I contacted my bank to have the charges reversed and was denied after a provisional credit to my account. I was told I would have to take this up with the the hotel. However, SANDY'S BY THE SHORE OWNS THE PROPERTY!!! This all took place AFTER the "NEW OWNERS" supposedly bought the place! WARNING!!!!!! STAY AT YOUR RISK! :(

EVANS, GEORGIA
THOMSON, GEORGIA

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed July 1, 2007

This place is not the place for a family. It reminded me of the places you see around town with hourly rates. Bad lacation in the middle of a bunch of cheesy shops and loud bars. The parking is horrible at best and that is if you can even find a spot. The rooms were dirty, and the attitude of the staff made you feel as if you were bothering them. $160.00 a night for a $25.00 a night hotel. Truly the worst hotel I have stayed in. Tybee Island as a whole has gone down the drain. It used to be a nice place to bring the family, and now it's just another generic tourist trap. The only good thing about our weekend the Dolphin Tour we took on our way home Sunday, Captin Mike's was the name of the tours. Do yourself a favor and choose another place to take you family for a trip to the beach.

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank Fireman1000
sandysbytheshore, manager at Sea & Breeze Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2007

Sea and Breeze beach club has just been sold and is under rennovations and will be totally updated by the ist of the year I am sorry you had a bad time but we love Tybee and this Paramedic has made it my home for 8 years we go from 4000 in the winter to 40000 in the summer and its not a bother to have you here please give us another try I think you would like it

Reviewed June 26, 2007

This hotel apparently switched ownership between the time we made our reservation (March) and the time we arrived (June). It is now a "condotel" - which means there is no housekeeping service! You take your own trash, exchange your towels, make your own bed, sweep your own room, and buy your own toilet paper. They will provide you with nothing and the paper you get on check-in says exactly that. So much for vacation - I get to take the garbage out at home! Even though there is no housekeeping service, there is still a tip envelope in the room for the housekeeper!

When you get your receipt - after you've paid at check-in, you should study it closely. There are 3 fees we weren't told about. The first is a housekeeping fee (yes, even though there is no service you pay extra for it!), a damage/waiver fee, and a reservation fee. I believe these fees are based on length of stay. We stayed 7 nights so our housekeeping fee was $30, damage/waiver fee $15, and reservation fee $20.68 for a total of $65.28 that we were NEVER told about!

We decided to address these fees upon check-out so that we could enjoy our vacation first. The manager was unavailable at check out, so we decided to call when we got home. Well, Jessica, the manager, says there is no extra charge, just those fees that were transferred when the hotel was bought. She also said the other owner should have sent out something stating the hotel had been bought. Finally, just before she hung up on me, she told me to dispute it through the credit card company!

The Seabreeze Inn has one good feature - it's location close to the beach. However, that's also one of it's worst features because there are 3 bars within a stone's throw and they are VERY loud at night. It addition, guests are loud into the wee hours of the night and kids are yelling before 8am. There is construction on the building next door so power tools running at 8am. So the place is noisy! We checked out one day early because we knew we would get no sleep there on a Friday night. We stopped at a hotel an hour away that was quiet and we all slept like babies!

The olympic size swimming pool is definitely not! It's maybe half the width and not as long as a real olympic size pool. It is a nice size for a hotel. But considering it's green cloudy appearance, it's not worth swimming in!

If you are reading this review, you've probably read the others...many of which are poor. I read those also and debated and decided to chance it because there were some very good reviews as well. Don't chance it. It's your vacation and the hotel can make or break it.

Don't stay at the Seabreeze: the pool is gross, the customer service terrible, no housekeeping service, and it's very, very loud.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank luvus29
sandysbytheshore, MANAGER at Sea & Breeze Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2007

Sorry you had a bad trip. We are in the process of rennovating the property into a "condotel". The rooms will all be remodeled. The elevators have been fixed and the pool is fixed. We are Sandy's By The Shore and we are the new managers. We are replacing the staff with new personnel. Please come and visit us after the first of the year so you can view our changes. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered.

Sandy's By The Shore

Reviewed June 17, 2007

This was our first stay at the Seabreeze Inn so we did not know alot of things about it. Our reason was because of location and we were traveling with a small dog. The elevator was not working and they put us on the 3rd floor even though it appeared that 1st floor rooms were vacant. It was out of order our entire 3 day stay. Also you pay a $30 cleaning fee yet you never get maid service, and you must go get your own towels, coffee replacements, and tolietries if you run out. The room was alright and clean but if you want any fluff you might want to reconsider. We also did not know this but Tybee strictly enforces their No Dogs On Beach policy and they will write you a $1000.00 ticket quickly from what the locals told us. This is the only pet friendly hotel on Tybee Island but the town is not!!!! If not traveling with animals you might want to reconsider or make sure your expectations are low.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank robinnest1
Reviewed May 18, 2007

I returned last week from Tybee Island, stayed at Seabreeze Inn. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms very nice and clean with a fresh scent. Beds very comfortable and clean. Seabreeze is right in the heart of everything. Gift shops are on the same street, the beach is a short walk and the pier with pavilion is at the end of the street. I am looking forward to staying at Seabreeze again.

Betty
Kennesaw, Georgia

Reviewed May 16, 2007

My family came to Tybee Island for the first time last July 2006. We booked the Seabreeze because of price and location. It may be an older building but the room was clean and my children loved the olympic sized pool. The tile floors are great and the fridge and microwave are perfect for us because with three young children, it is sometimes difficult to take them to restaurants. It was a very relaxing and fun vacation. The staff was very pleasant and the room was clean and always had fresh towels. We plan to stay again this year. With our previous hotel/motel experiences, I wasn't expecting alot from this place. I was pleasantly surprised. Our experience was so positive that we may come back to Tybee Island year after year!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank JenHunt
Reviewed February 7, 2007

We checked in and out on the same day. The room was way over priced. It smelled and the furnishings were cheap. The bathroom needed updating. The final straw was when we pulled back the sheets on one of the beds and a bug jumped up. My relative, who works for a health dept., thought it looked like a crab. Upon checking the other bed, we discovered one of the pillows had blood stains. We checked out with no problems. No one came to check the room, they just credited my credit card. I asked for the manager to come, they said no just check out. Based on their disinterest in inspecting the room, I would say they've obviously had problems in the past.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island
Dunes Inn & Suites
Dunes Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Sea & Breeze Hotel? Share your experiences!