“its a beach” 4 of 5 bubbles

Midway, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“its a beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

very crowded, the pier is nice and my husband had a good time fishing

• Korean first
Statesboro, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Tybee Island is a ridiculous place that is just like every other government run beach that takes away a lot of your liberties.

I was a first time visitor to Tybee Island and thought I would bring my dog to the beach instead of leaving him out my house all day. When I got to the beach, I was approached by a beach cop on a buggy less than a minute after I was on there telling me no dogs were allowed on the beach. I was understanding with him and coorperated in every way. I was frustrated that I now had to drive an hour back home and leave my friends at the beach all day but took it for what it was.

Then the cop told me he had to issue me a ticket. This I had a hard time understanding sense I was not aware of the no dog on the beach policy and had literally stepped 30 ft off from the pier. He had no sympathy for me and seemed even a little excited that he had gotten some action in writting this ticket. I was angry as it was so I didn't argue with him by any means and accepted reality.

I called in later the next week to see how much the ticket would be for. I figured not more than $50 sense this was my first offense and I was only briefly on the beach. $360 is the amount that the ticket came to.
That is highway robbery if you ask me and when I tried to tell the lady on the phone how ridiculous this was, she said signs are posted all around and on the beach saying no dogs.

I did not see one sign that said no dogs on my walk to and onto the beach. If its hidden in one of those signs that calls out all the rules I wouldn't call that clearly identified. As far as on the beach I wouldn't know because I was only on it for less than a minute. I didn't even make it pass the lifeguard tower.

7 Thank Jay J
Charlotte, North Carolina
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“One of my favorite beaches!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

This is my first visit to Tybee Island, and not my last. My wife and I have been slowly but surely visiting as many beaches as possible in search of the beach that we would like to eventually buy a beach home. Tybee Island has a great, clean, and not horribly crowded beach. There is not a lot of things to do, which makes this a very relaxing beach, and great area to relax and enjoy the beach. The water is warm, the sand is great, and the people are friendly. We have either been very lucky with the weather for June, or this is AWESOME beach weather! I have a new favorite beach.

1 Thank Rob_Cunningham
Richmond, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Loved how clean the beach is! Very relaxing. Lots of seashells and local wildlife like crabs, etc.

College Park, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“had a blast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

was a great experience parking was pricey & horrible but if you stay at the right hotel that is not a problem !