“nice place but serviced sucked”
Review of Rock House

Rock House
Ranked #15 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2014

went in on Superbowl night. There was only about 10 people in the whole place. After about 15 minutes of waiting we finally had to ask for a drink. The guy working the bar (don't know if was owner, mgr or just a bar tender) kept saying he was going to close up at 10pm before the Superbowl was over.. Every drink we ordered we had to ask for he never once asked us if we wanted another drink or needed anything. I think he was more interested in everyone leaving so he could close up.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed on Tybee Island late October (off-season) and was tired from driving all day. Just wanted someplace close to the hotel (Howard Johnson) and this place received some good reviews here, Don't know why. Maybe it was the off-season and regular cook was off somewhere but the meals were terrible. My wife and I were the only people in the place except for an old dude playing country music. I ordered the "low country boil" which was shrimp, red potatoes, sausage and corn cob. Nice portion but no seasoning whatsoever. Even the melted butter and cocktail sauce had no flavor. The blandest food I have ever ate. My wife had a burger with the same result, no flavor and she said the quality of beef was terrible. Would not go back.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

The appetizers were were wonderful, the decor is fun, and the beer was cold on a hot day! The bar staff were talkative and we enjoyed sitting for awhile after having walked for awhile.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had stopped in this bar a couple of times for a beer and loved the music they play and the atmosphere. It is a fun bar with great rock music shirts and albums and guitars covering the walls. It has a cool, funky vibe and a great location. One day after a little too much fun and alcohol, (see review for The Sand Bar Trivia Night), we decided to try it for lunch. The menu had several wonderful selections to choose from. I had the western burger which was delicious and cooked perfectly. My husband had the atomic burger which comes with their atomic sauce, jalapenos and pepper jack cheese. It was far too hot for me, but he loved it. This is not for a rookie. They were accompanied by crispy crinkle cut french fries. Just what we needed after a fun night of trivia. We won't hesitate to go back.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We absolutely loved our meal. Everything we ordered was great tasting and priced right for the portions you get. The ambience is more of a sports bar theme with a huge big screen TV centrally located where everyone can see. Our waitress was friendly and knowledgeable about the food. The service was good and it was conveniently located within a block of walking distance from where we stayed and the same distance from the beach. We would definitely go back.