“Yummy glellato and bulk candy.” 4 of 5 stars

Seaside Sweets
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Tybee Island
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: In Tybee Island business district, made from scratch, all-natural Gelato Ice Cream, Vintage Candy, taffy, pralines, fresh coffee, fruit smoothies, frappuccino, slushees and now frozen yogurt crafted by our Gelato chef! Open 7 days 10a-10p in season; check times offseason.
Jackson, New Jersey
“Yummy glellato and bulk candy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

A nice variety of gellato and a good amount of bulk candies for the kids to choose from. I liked that you got to use a gloved ha d rather than a ton of little shovels in the candy bins.

• 4 of 5 stars

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“better ask if candy is fresh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I'm a local, so I've frequented the shop quite a bit. I was very dissapointed with the pralines today. They were not fresh and had an "old" taste to them. The older lady that served me (probably my age) was not too friendly or even nice for that matter.. I know in order to use a debit card they require a $5.00 minimum. I've been there on previous occasions and have been told if it's close to $5, no problem. Today, I made sure I ordered enough, however, I only had $4.92 in my checking. I brought cash with me since I knew I had to have close to $5. When I told the woman I had $4.92 on the card, she was totally disgusted and said it had to be a $5. Relucantly, she ran it. Really 8 cents! Not to mention, I paid $2.00 more in cash just for something that could only be thrown out. The ice cream is good, I would just ask how fresh the candy is. It isn't cheap and should not be old. Customer service definitely lacked today.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Tamara B
North Augusta, South Carolina
“Long line was worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Like the sign inside says--no air just premium ice cream served up really quickly excellent choice! The mint chocolate chip had enough chips and the chocolate was decadent

Visited July 2012
Elkin, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ice Cream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Amazing. Great homemade ice cream. A little pricy but you get what you pay for a must visit on your trip to Tybee

Visited July 2012
Savannah, Georgia
“Best ice cream on Tybee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

The staff is very pleasant and friendly. The shop is adorable and clean. They offer 19 different flavors of gelato ice cream so there's always something everyone will like. They also sell gourmet and vintage candies. Great place to take kids and the family. Skip the shop across the street and head to Seaside Sweets you won't be disappointed!

2 Thank ahayley8