“Great food!”

Ranked #8 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Come as you are, bring the family...eat, drink and be merry. Gerald’s Pig and Shrimp is a casual outdoor dining establishment, backdropped with towering shade trees and located across the road from Tybee Island’s sprawling salt-water marshes. The brick patio is housed in an open air structure, a 14’ high pole barn fabricated with reclaimed materials, beautifully landscaped and decked out with an array of eclectic eye-candy. We specialize in slow-smoked meats pork, ribs and brisket, as well, fresh, Wild Georgia shrimp, fried, boiled or sauteed. All our sauces and marinades are made in house. We use fresh herbs from our side garden. We offer daily specials, dinners, sandwiches, appetizers and local beer, wine and sangria. We’re pet friendly as long as they’re friendly and on a leash and have free parking on property.We strive to ensure our guests’ experience is top-notch by providing fresh, tasty, high quality fare at a reasonable price, in a relaxed atmosphere with exceptional customer service.Planning an event? We also cater, offering choices of Southern Style Comfort Food, Bar-B-Que, Whole Pig-Roast, Oyster Roasts, Low Country Boil, site location, and entertainment.
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This was the best food ive had in a while, everything starting from the ribs all the way to the fries was spectacular! it was a great environment and even though it was outdoors it was kept well and clean! The tybee sauce they have is one of the best sauces ive ever had! it was great and the service was super friendly. Definitely going back!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Great food, great service, very polite servers. Best experience I've had at a restaurant. Very appealing atmosphere, quick food time, not bad prices. I highly recommend this restaurants.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Good food man. Took me aback. Mighta found Jesus. Great service. Server by the name of ether Randy or Ryan. FANTASTIC. Lovin' it.

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

The environment is casual and outdoors but super clean. The food was amazing! We had brisket, pork, shrimp, ribs, and hush puppies with sides (slaw and cucumber salad). I can't say one bad thing. The sauce was the best part. The owner was at the bar and he and the staff were friendly and fast. Prices were fair. Don't miss this place!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My family and I was in town over Thanksgiving and on the last day I was wanted something quick and easy. I walked down to Gerald's because it was close to the campground. It was Sunday night and right now is the off season so there was not even one person eating. I was little worried but said what the hell and gave it a shoot. I had the bbq brisket with baked beans and my father in law had the bbq pork sandwich. Both sandwiches had a good portion of meat on them and the brisket was really good. The beans were some of the best I have ever ate in my life. The beans actually had corn in them and I have never saw that before but man I could have ate a gallon of them.
The place is a neat little outdoor bar with food and has a fire pit. Place was cool and I will go back when we visit again.