“Not your "typical" fried shrimp”

Gerald's Pig & Shrimp
Ranked #9 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Come as you are, bring the family...eat, drink and be merry. Gerald’s Pig and Shrimp is a casual outdoor dining establishment, backdropped with towering shade trees and located across the road from Tybee Island’s sprawling salt-water marshes. The brick patio is housed in an open air structure, a 14’ high pole barn fabricated with reclaimed materials, beautifully landscaped and decked out with an array of eclectic eye-candy. We specialize in slow-smoked meats pork, ribs and brisket, as well, fresh, Wild Georgia shrimp, fried, boiled or sauteed. All our sauces and marinades are made in house. We use fresh herbs from our side garden. We offer daily specials, dinners, sandwiches, appetizers and local beer, wine and sangria. We’re pet friendly as long as they’re friendly and on a leash and have free parking on property.We strive to ensure our guests’ experience is top-notch by providing fresh, tasty, high quality fare at a reasonable price, in a relaxed atmosphere with exceptional customer service.Planning an event? We also cater, offering choices of Southern Style Comfort Food, Bar-B-Que, Whole Pig-Roast, Oyster Roasts, Low Country Boil, site location, and entertainment.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

First of all, the seating is outdoors and the atmosphere is comfortable and easy. There are plenty of things to look at as you sit and enjoy your tablemates and the weather. The menu is small, but big on flavor. When I see fried shrimp on a menu I think heavy batter and grease, and shrimp so overcooked that you can't event taste it. What a pleasant surprise it was when I ordered the shrimp po'boy! The batter was so light, I can only describe it as a light tempura. And the shrimp...oh my my! The shrimp was sweet and delicious. All of this was washed down with a tasty sweet tea.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Road side beach shack as you cross the bridge to Tybee Island. We enjoyed the beer, local shrimp and pork barbecue. The owner Gerald is a character very friendly and well worth listening to him tell stories.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed on Tybee Island this past weekend to support my brother and a friend in the Rock-n-Roll Marathon. We stopped at Gerald's for lunch on a whim. The service was very friendly. Loved the open air building. (Thankfully, it was a nice day!) And we really loved the food! We had the "for 2" special with a little of everything. We weren't really that hungry, but we ordered it anyway...and...we ate it all! We would definitely recommend and definitely go back. Thanks!

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Started with Cucumber Salad and Tybee stew, moved in to the "special" boiled peel n eat shrimp. We didn't come up for air until the pork and brisket were gone, the fried shrimp had disappeared, the corn on the cob was a thing of the past and every last kernel of fried okra was eaten. Both the pork and the beef brisket were flavorful , the shrimp was sweet and delicious ( both boiled and fried) and the fried okra was terrific! Our waiter was wonderful, anticipated our needs, and went out of his way to help us. Granted, we are locals, but it was our first trip to this establishment. We also enjoyed watching the brides as they went in and out of the wedding chapel across the street (a great, unobstructed view if you are a people watcher). Gerald stands on his own . Truly a "taste" of Tybee at its best.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I just stopped by Gerald's Pig and Shrimp on Tybee to snack on a fried shrimp appetizer and cold Corona. The shrimp were fresh and great. When folks are in from out of town we take them there as well. It's very informal, open air, small, good for conversation. Cole slaw is home made, with fresh ground pepper (you can tell the difference). I have eaten Gerald's BBQ as well, and it's great, but when I am on Tybee and want FRIED SHRIMP it's Gerald's. And let's just say it, when you are on Tybee you want Ga. caught fresh FRIED SHRIMP....... It's Tybee ! ! !