“Good food in a fun, beachy environment”

Gerald's Pig & Shrimp
Ranked #8 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Come as you are, bring the family...eat, drink and be merry. Gerald’s Pig and Shrimp is a casual outdoor dining establishment, backdropped with towering shade trees and located across the road from Tybee Island’s sprawling salt-water marshes. The brick patio is housed in an open air structure, a 14’ high pole barn fabricated with reclaimed materials, beautifully landscaped and decked out with an array of eclectic eye-candy. We specialize in slow-smoked meats pork, ribs and brisket, as well, fresh, Wild Georgia shrimp, fried, boiled or sauteed. All our sauces and marinades are made in house. We use fresh herbs from our side garden. We offer daily specials, dinners, sandwiches, appetizers and local beer, wine and sangria. We’re pet friendly as long as they’re friendly and on a leash and have free parking on property.We strive to ensure our guests’ experience is top-notch by providing fresh, tasty, high quality fare at a reasonable price, in a relaxed atmosphere with exceptional customer service.Planning an event? We also cater, offering choices of Southern Style Comfort Food, Bar-B-Que, Whole Pig-Roast, Oyster Roasts, Low Country Boil, site location, and entertainment.
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My Husband and I have been to Tybee several times and never eaten here until now. We couldn't figure out what to do for lunch so we decided to give it a try. You sit outside under a huge patio type structure that is covered in fun signs. I got sweet tea to drink and it was sooo sugary sweet, just like proper southern sweet tea should be, with free refills. My husband got a Coke that was served in the can, no free refills. The lunch special that day was a Shrimp Po Boy with onion rings and a drink for $11, which is what I ordered. My husband got a 1/2 pound of peel and eat shrimp and the pork sandwich. Everything was really good! The shrimp were all very fresh and the bun for my sandwich was really good. The onion rings were really thin onion straws, which I prefer but some people might be disappointed they aren't big, thick cut rings. My husband said his pork sandwich was a bit fatty and really delicious as were his peel and eat shrimp. The price was a little bit high, but this is the beach! Service was really good and speedy as well.

There are newer reviews for Gerald's Pig & Shrimp

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Fantastic place! Really fun and we went twice on our week in Tybee. Great Po boys and the limeade is amazing.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My mom and I stopped here for a light lunch after a day at the beach. I had the stew and cucumber salad, my mom had the shrimp po boy. The hushpuppies that came with the stew were phenomenal!!! Mom said the shrimp was very fresh and yummy. I thought the stew and salad could use a little more seasoning, but I really enjoyed the freshness of it. Staff was very friendly and hospitable. Would definitely stop again!!!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

After driving by Gerald's Pig & Shrimp many times, and on the advice of TripAdvisor reviews, my wife and I decided to give this place a try. The outdoor setting is fun and funky, but the food was really disappointing. Better BBQ can be had at just about any place serving it in the Savannah area. The shrimp were simply ineptly prepared, way overcooked; I'd be surprised if they were locally caught and fresh, even though we're in shrimp season.

(Service was terrible the day we were there, and several people complained. We were told that a server failed to show and they couldn't locate a replacement, so it may have been just that day.)

If the BBQ and shrimp had been on the level we've come to expect from area restaurants, i wouldn't have minded the rather steep prices. As that's not the case, I suggest you drive on by.

1  Thank originalbob
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We ate at Geralds on the 4th of July. Lauren our server, was prompt and friendly. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich. It was delish! (Ask for cole slaw on your sandwich). Others in my party ordered low country boil and fried shrimp. Everyone enjoyed their meals. We will make Geralds our 1st stop on our next trip to beautiful Tybee.