“Our favorite Tybee restaurant!”

North Beach Bar & Grill
Ranked #9 of 54 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: American, Bar, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Nestled between the lighthouse and the beach, the North Beach Bar and Grill offers an amazing lunch and dinner menu that will tantalize even the most reserved palate. Eclectic fusion with a Caribbean flair, our menu features local, sustainable seafood and the freshest ingredients. While our chefs create gourmet dishes rivaling the best restaurants in town, we also serve hot dogs, crab cake sandwiches, fish tacos, and wings in our quaint beach shack by the sea. So whether you've been out on the beach and want a cold beer and a burger or you're planning a catered business luncheon, the North Beach Bar & Grill is the place for you.
Tybee Island, Georgia
“Our favorite Tybee restaurant!”
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I moved to Tybee a year ago and eat out a lot. We love the NBG for its yummy food and VERY friendly service. Right on the beach on the northern end of the island by the lighthouse, it is super casual without sacrificing the quality of the food.
We had dinner there recently. Started with drinks and an amazing crab dip served with 2 kinds of chips. My entree was the calamari-topped Caesar salad and my husband ordered the special, a hangar steak with broccolini and red beans and rice. Both were wonderful.
There is usually live music on the weekends which helps make this a perfect beach restaurant. Try it. We'll certainly be back!

Savannah, Georgia
“Great Food”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Great food and right next to the North Beach! Not your everyday 'burger joint', it is more upscale than that, but great prices!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Tammy M
Blairsville, Georgia
“Bad service and food”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Loved the idea of the North Beach Bar & Grill - a little beach dive right in the public parking lot (yeah, not much ambiance!) at the lighthouse in Tybee Island. It was busy when we got there and there was no indication of whether we should seat ourselves or what, so I went into the restaurant and asked a server, who said, Yes, seat yourself. So we sat at a table outside... and waited. 15 minutes later (and yes, servers had been coming and going but none made eye contact) I had to go ask the same server who our server was and she said she would find out (mind you, she and another girl were the only two we saw out on the patio). Finally the other girl came over, apologized for the wait and gave us menus. We ordered beers and grilled chicken sandwiches with sweet potato fries. 45 minutes later, just when we were getting ready to drop some money on the table for the beers and walk out, another server comes over with our plates, sets them on the table and walks away. The chicken is one, single small breast, one slice of lettuce and one slice of tomato on a big bun. I could have cut the bun in half and still had bun to spare. However, since there was no silverware on the table, there was no cutting anything. And since there were no condiments on the table or on the chicken, I just picked up my little chicken breast with my fingers and took a bite. It was actually pretty good tasting. The sweet potato fries on the other hand were horrible - a cold, mushy blob, drizzled with bbq sauce. After I had taken a couple bites of the chicken breast, a guy walks up with a little plate with another little chicken breast on it - apparently the cook thought that my sandwich had looked a little sparse and was sending out another little breast. Why it left the kitchen in the first place, I don't know. At this point I said "no, just keep it and give us our check because it really sucked." Our server finally walks over, again all apologetic, and gives us our check - no, they didn't credit us anything. We paid and left.

Visited May 2012
NotAppalachia
“Good lunch beach-side”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We stopped at the North Beach after giving up for a second time on the Sundae Cafe, which seems to always have a line and no clear process for getting seated eventually. Good cold drinks, fast service, tasty food. We had the calamari salad and andouille sausage hot dog - both were good but I wish I had a little warning as to the spiciness level of the salad. I drank of lot of sweet tea. We would go back.

• Visited May 2012
St. Peters, MO
“Good food and Drinks.”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

The food is very good and the "Tybee Sunset" drink was very good. Order a pitcher of it and throw in an extra shot of coconut rum. YUMMMMY!

• Visited April 2012