“Awesome time”

Ranked #10 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Nestled between the lighthouse and the beach, the North Beach Bar and Grill offers an amazing lunch and dinner menu that will tantalize even the most reserved palate. Eclectic fusion with a Caribbean flair, our menu features local, sustainable seafood and the freshest ingredients. While our chefs create gourmet dishes rivaling the best restaurants in town, we also serve hot dogs, crab cake sandwiches, fish tacos, and wings in our quaint beach shack by the sea. So whether you've been out on the beach and want a cold beer and a burger or you're planning a catered business luncheon, the North Beach Bar & Grill is the place for you.
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We (seven in all) just got back from having a tremendous meal. The fried plantains & salsa appetizer was delicious. Everybody raved about their respective meals -- from the crab & asparagus, to the Jerk Chicken sandwich to the fish sandwich to the hot chicken wings. Even my vegan daughter raved about her Portobello Burger. To top it all off the white chocolate key lime pie was to die for. The service was excellent even as we moved tables because of the flash thunderstorm.

We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Jeff L
There are newer reviews for North Beach Bar & Grill

Reviewed May 27, 2011

Got married on Tybee Island North Beach in early May and made plans to have a small dinner after our vows at this great spot. The following evening, we were to have our formal reception. Well--this was surely the spot for our intimate, quirky gathering of friends and family. We danced into the joint to the rhythm of the awesome bluegrass band playing live that Friday night, and were seated all together inside, no problem.

Our waitress was amazing--I wish I got her name. We had a group of 17, and she didn't miss a beat. She was truly there for us, and I hope our tip reflected that. I assumed we'd have to be on the same bill, which I'm sure my dad or someone would have sucked up, but since he was taking care of the reception too, it totally helped that George (owner) offered separate checks.

For dinner, I had crab cakes (which is my regular meal at this place), and they are as per usual, amazing! Real crab meat with little filler and excellent seasoning. My husband and I love their seafood fritters as appetizer. Once called conch fritters, these are similar to the original North Beach Grill dish, but now also have shrimp in them. Yum! My husband had the burger--and always loves their cheeseburger! Other guests tried the day's special entree, which they said was very good.

Overall fantastic experience for our wedding night dining. Thank you, North Beach Grill for taking care of us!

Reviewed May 25, 2011

my best friend and i were in savannah for a bachlorette party and decided to venture down to tybee, we went to the lighthouse but it was closed and then we heard this awsesome reggae music playing so we walked over to find the cutest resturant, we sat down outside and ordered drinks and food and sat there for a good 2 hours just enjoying the atmosphere. the people were so friendly and the battery cat was too cute sunning himself. will most defiinitely go back next time i am in tybee! loved it!!!!

Reviewed April 10, 2011

Right along North Beach, this is a good spot to grab some food and drinks while at or after going to the beach. The menu is small, but most of it looked tasty. We got the fish bites, which were fried and came with a tasty sauce. Tasted very fresh! The nachos we got were served with a salsa that was more like bruschetta. Not bad, just not quite what we were expecting. Beers are pretty cheap. Although it's right next to the beach, you don't have a view of the water.

Don't worry about dress code here! Plenty of guys without shirts on and no need to dress up. Just casual by the water eating.

Reviewed April 3, 2011

Two hours to get our food..... Wasnt outstanding.... I wouldnt go back or suggest to anyone.

1  Thank braves1234