“Business”

Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Food was good. It has outdoor seating. Needed to be screened in. Had a hard time eating from fighting the mosquitoes. Had a wonderful jazz band playing wanted to listen to them longer but the bugs got the best of us.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Great food, drinks and atmosphere. A little more pricey than most places on the island but also a much different menu than most restaurants there. Beautiful environment even though its right along the street. Live music in the background and great service. Sangria happy hour brought us back after we had dinner the night before.

1  Thank Marie C
Reviewed October 1, 2013

All designed with a white wooden exterior, I felt like I was in New Orleans as I entered the restaurant. The ceiling fans were on, blues music playing, and eccletic decorating made our dining experience feel like an adventure. Locals drank at the bar, the server was welcoming and very helpful with food suggestions, and the atmosphere was very laid back and relaxing. The food was very good, but the chocolate pie was very "fudgy" and rich. The pomegranate creme brulee was okay, I would have preferred it nonflavored. Overall, the evening was very very nice....great food, atmosphere and relaxing. A must see if you go to Tybee and would like to eat at a local restaurant with character.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I read the reviews on Tripadvisor when planning our trip and decided that we had to try this place. The reviewers did not streer me wrong. The Tybee Island Social Club is a cute and laid back place with excellent food. I ordered the chicken taco and my husband selected the orange pork. We shared an order of sweet potato fries. Everything was delicious. The serving sizes were large and the service was very good.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Loved the menu at this place - it was varied and offered something for everyone!! We had been told they only do tacos, but boy was that wrong! The food and drinks were delicious, I especially loved the blood orange sangria. I would offer one criticism, easily remedied. The tortilla chips served with the crab and black bean dip were too tough and hard, a lighter, crispy chip would be a better choice; and the toasted bread served with the manchego cheese dip was too hard and dried-out, try lightly toasting the bread with maybe a touch of olive oil. Our server went above and beyond to provide good service, so no problems there. The place does need a little updating, as others have stated, but it does appear to be clean. Wonder if there's anything they can do about the extremely limited parking? Probably not. Still a good place and we'll try it again next trip.