“Great ambiance, terrific food!”

Tybee Island Social Club
Ranked #28 of 54 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Cincinnati
“Great ambiance, terrific food!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

All designed with a white wooden exterior, I felt like I was in New Orleans as I entered the restaurant. The ceiling fans were on, blues music playing, and eccletic decorating made our dining experience feel like an adventure. Locals drank at the bar, the server was welcoming and very helpful with food suggestions, and the atmosphere was very laid back and relaxing. The food was very good, but the chocolate pie was very "fudgy" and rich. The pomegranate creme brulee was okay, I would have preferred it nonflavored. Overall, the evening was very very nice....great food, atmosphere and relaxing. A must see if you go to Tybee and would like to eat at a local restaurant with character.

Garland, Texas
“Loved the Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I read the reviews on Tripadvisor when planning our trip and decided that we had to try this place. The reviewers did not streer me wrong. The Tybee Island Social Club is a cute and laid back place with excellent food. I ordered the chicken taco and my husband selected the orange pork. We shared an order of sweet potato fries. Everything was delicious. The serving sizes were large and the service was very good.

• Visited October 2012
Atlanta, GA
“Fun place and good food”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Loved the menu at this place - it was varied and offered something for everyone!! We had been told they only do tacos, but boy was that wrong! The food and drinks were delicious, I especially loved the blood orange sangria. I would offer one criticism, easily remedied. The tortilla chips served with the crab and black bean dip were too tough and hard, a lighter, crispy chip would be a better choice; and the toasted bread served with the manchego cheese dip was too hard and dried-out, try lightly toasting the bread with maybe a touch of olive oil. Our server went above and beyond to provide good service, so no problems there. The place does need a little updating, as others have stated, but it does appear to be clean. Wonder if there's anything they can do about the extremely limited parking? Probably not. Still a good place and we'll try it again next trip.

Savannah, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overall great food good vibe”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Loved it! Great food- I ordered the zissou ahi tuna taco which was outstanding and the blood orange sangria. The place could use a little rehab admittedly.. But overall it was cute. We sat on the porch and could hear the live music from inside. Overall would certainly go back! So many other things I wanted to try on the menu.

Fort Lauderdale
“Delicious Lunch by the Beach”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

It was a fun, laid back and beachy atmosphere complete with a live Bluegrass band playing. Our server was a sweet girl who made efforts to interact with us.

For lunch I ordered the Zissou Taco (Marinated seared tuna, horseradish aioli, arugula, cucumber pico on a warm pita). All the ingredients were notable fresh and overall it had a light and refreshing taste.

My mom had has The Club's Shrimp and Grits. It was cheesy, flavorsome deliciousness.

My sister had the Shrimpy Crab Cakes. It wasn't lump crab meat but was all crab and not that filler crap restaurants are always trying to serve people. It was truly lightly bread and fried as stated on the menu. It had a nice crispy outer crust.