“Highlight of our Tybee Island visit!"”

Sweet Lowland Tybee Tours
Ranked #10 of 30 Tours in Tybee Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Go to the website. Captain Harvey Ferrelle offers excellent boat tours around Tybee Island and I would like to write a review regarding the same. I cannot find a street address. He meets you at the marina where he keeps his boat on the very small Tybee Island.
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We found Sweet Lowland Tybee Tours and Captain Harvey through reviews on TripAdvisor in preparation for our June tip to Tybee Island- after reading the reviews I contacted Captain Harvey and made reservations... and I am so happy that I did! From my initial email sent to the godbyes shared on the dock after the tour- every step of booking and taking this tour was excellent- first class all the way! We had a fantastic 2.5 hours aboard Captain Harvey's very clean and safe boat! After being greeted by name, Harvey inquired about which things we wanted to see/do the most during our tour and he made sure we did them all- from taking us to to 2 different locations to see dolphins and then to the most beuatiful beach I've ever seen to search for shells and sand dollars- Harvey even helped us comb the beach to make sure each person in our family had a sand dollar to take home. Harvey knows so much about the island and the Tybee area and was so kind to answer every question we asked- even those asked by our 5 & 7 year old sons. Beyind his vast knowledge of the island- what impressed me the most were the friendly greetings Harvey received as we passed by other boats on the water- he is obviously a very well respected member of Tybee's community. I cannot say how much our family of four enjoyed our experience with Captain Harvey- we will, for sure, be taking a tour with him each time we visit Tybee Island.

5  Thank MommaBig
There are newer reviews for Sweet Lowland Tybee Tours

Reviewed June 6, 2011

Capt Harvey was a pleasure to work with. He let us know when the best time of day would be for our Little Tybee Island tour. We saw some great sceanery and wildlife. even found the "hiding Dolphins" back in the channel. Beach combing, birding, local history, if you want to enjoy a hassel free tour you have to call Capt Harvey!

1  Thank Mashem06
Reviewed June 18, 2010

For the price of tickets for one of the larger tour companies, our family of six got to go on a private jaunt with Captain Harvey. He was gracious, knowledgeable, and we could tell that he loves Tybee Island. We had a 6- and a 7-year-old with us and they were delighted to see all the dolphins, especially the ones that swam right up to the boat. My son will always have the memory of the time that the dolphin "sneezed" on him!

Don't hesitate to book a tour with Harvey!

4  Thank Soon-R-Gal
Reviewed August 5, 2009

My wife and I took a 2-3 hour boat trip in March with Captain Harvey of Sweet Lowland Tybee Tours. It was an incredible value and we had a very memorable trip. Captain Harvey is extremely knowledgable of the area and passionate about marine life and lighthouse restoration. The privacy of the trip, coupled with the ability to do whatever we wanted, was great. We boated out into a fog (which was actually really cool), and then Captain Harvey knew exactly where to go so we could get some great views and see the area. We covered a lot of water in a couple of hours, much much more than we would have ever seen in a kayak or on one of the larger group tours offered by Captain Harvey's competitors.

The two highlights for my wife and I were the dolphins and the Cockspur Island Lighthouse. Captain Harvey knew where to go to best have a chance to see dolphins, and wouldn't you know it, there they were swimming up to the boat and playing all around us. Captain Harvey was respectful of the marine life and did not approach the dolphins, but rather let them come check us out. I appreciateed that. We were the only boat in this area (the bigger commercial trips go to view the dolphins out in the open water, whereas we were in more of a river). After seeing the dolphins we motored quite a distance to get to a lighthouse that Captain Harvey is very intent on preserving. It was interesting to hear his persepctive on the restoration efforts and to see the lighthouse up close.

At the end of the trip, Captain Harvey gave us a free CD featuring music by his son. The music includes a song about the lighthouse....what a nice keepsake. Captain Harvey was first class all the way, less expensive than his competitors, willing to cater to our every whim, and provided a high quality boat and insightful commentary. Highly recommended.

7  Thank snipesmorris