“Loved this place!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband found Bernie's while we were visiting Tybee Island and they offered take out. I had the fish tacos and he had a club sandwich. Both were wonderful. The next night, which was out last in Tybee, we went back and ate in the restaurant and I had the seafood platter with oysters and shrimp while the hubs had the club sandwich (not a seafood eater). Again, the food was wonderful, the waitress was a hoot and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. I will definitely go back to Bernie's as it is such a neat place.

There are newer reviews for Bernie's Oyster House

Reviewed December 1, 2013

My guy and I stopped in for oysters on the half shell one night last weekend. Mine were raw and ok, but not great. His were steamed, gritty, and not great. With oysters, you have to be prepared for variability, though, so I would be willing to try them again - based on the strength of other reviews on this site. He loved his cole slaw and my crab cake was one of very best I've ever had. And, I love crab cake. There was very little filler -- just lots of delicious crab. Quite an unexpected treat in a humble little oyster bar.

The service was pleasant and efficient and the atmosphere was perfect -- quiet, relaxed, unassuming, It was a slow evening, so I imagined that helped with both the pleasantness of the place and the service.

I would be delighted to try Bernie's again - and even give the oysters another go. And, you can be sure I'll be ordering a crab cake when I do.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

My husband decided several months ago that he really liked oysters raw or steamed. Bernie's had a sign on sidewalk - bucket of oysters for $15. That's all it took! I should mention that he has never shucked an oyster before. He was struggling with opening them. The waitress came over and helped him open all of the . They were fresh and delicious! I lost count as to how many where in the bucket. Waitress was very nice and was glad to help. Great little place to eat.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had been to Bernie's on the river in Savannah, GA for oysters on the half shell and were treated to some of the best raw oysters ever. They were Blue Point oysters with tangy flavorful cocktail sauce, so when we saw Bernie's on Tybee Island we decided to stop in for dinner. It was even better than the river location. We started with blue points which were plump and delicious. Then my husband had a cup of seafood chowder which he loved. I had the steamed shrimp dinner and it was perfect and came with some yummy hushpuppies on the side. I don't know how they prepare the shrimp to be so tender, but there werent any left. My husband had the steamed crawfish dinner and he absolutely loved them. We had a couple of beers each and the tab was $50 without tip. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank terri E
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were there on a very slow Thursday evening. Our service was excellent of course as our bartender/server had nothing going on. My wife had the crabcakes and she's still talking about them. She loved them. I had fried oysters. Oysters are outside of my safety zone but I thought I'd give them a go. They were very good. This place is relatively small and I can see that it is probably packed during their season. They are about a block from the beach. I would eat there again.