“Oysterlicious!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 30, 2013

My husband decided several months ago that he really liked oysters raw or steamed. Bernie's had a sign on sidewalk - bucket of oysters for $15. That's all it took! I should mention that he has never shucked an oyster before. He was struggling with opening them. The waitress came over and helped him open all of the . They were fresh and delicious! I lost count as to how many where in the bucket. Waitress was very nice and was glad to help. Great little place to eat.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had been to Bernie's on the river in Savannah, GA for oysters on the half shell and were treated to some of the best raw oysters ever. They were Blue Point oysters with tangy flavorful cocktail sauce, so when we saw Bernie's on Tybee Island we decided to stop in for dinner. It was even better than the river location. We started with blue points which were plump and delicious. Then my husband had a cup of seafood chowder which he loved. I had the steamed shrimp dinner and it was perfect and came with some yummy hushpuppies on the side. I don't know how they prepare the shrimp to be so tender, but there werent any left. My husband had the steamed crawfish dinner and he absolutely loved them. We had a couple of beers each and the tab was $50 without tip. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank terri E
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were there on a very slow Thursday evening. Our service was excellent of course as our bartender/server had nothing going on. My wife had the crabcakes and she's still talking about them. She loved them. I had fried oysters. Oysters are outside of my safety zone but I thought I'd give them a go. They were very good. This place is relatively small and I can see that it is probably packed during their season. They are about a block from the beach. I would eat there again.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Great little local restaurant! Loved the food, service and atmosphere! Best fish tacos I've had!! Will definitely go back. Great place for lunch and dinner.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I were at Bernie's on Saturday and we had the time of our life.... We had ordered a bucket of raw oysters and even though it was packed the bartender, Chad, had showed us how to shuck them and he was a show in himself.. Funny and entertaining.... Would recommend this place to anyone