“Oysters oysters oysters”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Was wanting some oysters on the half shell so we tried here. They had a special going for 25$, a pitcher of bud lite or yuengling and a bucket of you shuck em oysters. I had never shucked my own but the waitress showed me how and after a few it was easy. I wondered how many oysters I would be getting, if this would be a good deal. I stopped counting after 40! I can't speak to the quality of all their food since I was stuffed stupid with oysters, but if you're in the mood for them, this is the place. Ambiance outside was pretty nice too and the waitstaff was attentive. If you can beat 40+ oysters plus a pitcher of beer for 25$, let me know where to find it!

There are newer reviews for Bernie's Oyster House

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Buckets and Buckets of steamed oysters and spirited libations....awww I love this place...from the staff to the food...Bernies is a great place to meet friends and let life slip away off a half shell

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Lunchtime on a Saturday and the place had maybe 7 people total.
Right by the beach, an oyster house, I expected more. Here goes...
Walked into the outdoor seating area and waited with 2 kids and 2 adults. Went into the bar area/indoor restaurant and asked if we could sit outside. Bartender said "go ahead". Went outside, still nothing. Came back in, asked if anyone is working out there. Bartender got this waitress who was visibly exhausted with eyeliner under her eyes. My instinct said "RUN".
Waitress took our drink order, brought drinks. Asked for order, got it and walked 2 steps, turned and asked what we want again.
15 min goes by...waitress groggily argues with cook about last night.
15 min more goes by- waitress tells us there's no more hot dogs for my son. Order something else. We do (stupidly).
Went on tripadvisor and found Crab Shack. This is now 30 min with empty drinks and no food.
Told waitress forget it- gave her $5 bill and said we are leaving. We walked out.
I had such a bad vibe from this place- is it a drug haven? Is it a front? Whatever it is, it's not legit.
Shame too, the location and concept would be very successful. Good luck to them.

3  Thank cc72704
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I like this place as one of the stops on our beer crawls through Tybee. They always have plenty of Jameson, and karaoke on the weekends. Never eaten there, so I couldn't tell you what the food is like. It's right in the middle of all the action at Tybrisa.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

But unless you are an oyster fan the food is just okay. Boisterous place on the main strip and especially good to go when they have live music.