“Very good oysters and clean”

Bernie's Oyster House
Ranked #22 of 54 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
commerce, ga
“Very good oysters and clean”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was our first time dining at Bernie's. the restaurant was very clean and did not have that smokey smell some other places have. The service was knowledgeable about the menu and very friendly. The food was very good. Will definitely add this to our favorite restaurants on Tybee.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank mollyelrod

“Buckets of Oysters Here = Awesomeness!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Since April and May, we've been here 5 times. Every time we come, the oysters have a fresh & good taste to them! I haven't had a problem yet (from this location)! When it was hot, the doors were closed and I'm assuming the AC was turned on. I like the Margaritas on the Rocks w/ salt from here. Sometimes I take a couple to go and enjoy the beach! We also like the crab cakes. I don't really know about the rest of the food, but my hubby gets it and seems to enjoy it!

• Visited May 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“So, so oysters”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

You'd think some effort would be made to serve quality raw oysters at an "Oyster House." Not here. Same old plain, skinny Florida oysters. No flavor, a real disappointment.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a cold beer in a most definite "island" establishment, you will like this place. It's right on the main drag, indoor and outdoor seating, worth a visit.

• Visited May 2013
Stockport, United Kingdom
“SURF FOR THE WIFE,TURF FOR MYSELF.”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We called In Bernies for lunch on April 26th 2013,my wife had a fish plate whilst I had a burger also sharing a side of hush puppies.The food was very good and a reasonable price.Shame on England that I have to go the southern states of America to get a good burger.I would like to thank the staff for letting me try my first fried oysters free of charge Thank you .Would I recommend you call in to give your teeth something to do,YES.

• Visited April 2013
New Jersey
“Yum.”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Killer crab bisque, awesome hush puppies, super-fresh shrimp, and a kid-friendly waitress. Can't beat that.

• Visited April 2013