“SURF FOR THE WIFE,TURF FOR MYSELF.”

Bernie's Oyster House
Ranked #19 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We called In Bernies for lunch on April 26th 2013,my wife had a fish plate whilst I had a burger also sharing a side of hush puppies.The food was very good and a reasonable price.Shame on England that I have to go the southern states of America to get a good burger.I would like to thank the staff for letting me try my first fried oysters free of charge Thank you .Would I recommend you call in to give your teeth something to do,YES.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Killer crab bisque, awesome hush puppies, super-fresh shrimp, and a kid-friendly waitress. Can't beat that.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Another new place we tried on vacation was Bernie's Oyster House. It's located on the strip near the pier and between the souvenir shops. One reason we chose Bernie's is because the only parking space we found was directly in front of it, so we figured "why not". We had the Bloody Mary's which are touted as "the best on the beach" but that could be up for debate. We ordered the seafood platter and split it. The plate they brought out to us was huge, brimming with fried oysters, shrimp, fish, French fries, corn and hush puppies. In one sentence, it was all good! And afterwards you can walk your meal off at the souvenir shops, the pier or the beach. Bernie's is cool but probably not our favorite on the beach. We do recommend you try it though.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Food was good, prices were good. The service was lacking. We went on Easter Sunday. Nothing special. We had a hard time getting drinks refilled. Had to get up and ask for a to go container. The waitress never checked back on our party of 8!!!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Cool atmosphere. SLOW service, especially considering we were one of 2 tables in the place. Food was decent. Parents love Oysters, so we tagged along. Nice locale tho.