Dunes Inn & Suites
Desoto Beach Hotel(Tybee Island)(Great Value!)
$259
$199
Hotel Tybee(Tybee Island)(Great Value!)
$156
Sea & Breeze Hotel(Tybee Island)
$111
  • Pool
Sky Suites(Tybee Island)
$99
Sandcastle Inn(Tybee Island)
$138
$133
Admiral's Inn(Tybee Island)(Great Value!)
$160
$151
$623
$574
Marriott's Heritage Club(Hilton Head)
$499
$329
Royal Palm Motel(Tybee Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleancontinental breakfastdonutstile floorswithin walking distanceenjoyed our staygreat place to staycoffee makerfamily vacationshort walk to the beachoff seasontybeeislandcerealpierdanish
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

First of all the hotel is not located by the beach .. You have to walk to get there .. Very dusty room .. They make you pay at first not at the checkout ..it was weird and I figured out why later .. Poor service .. They didn't clean the room .. They didn't change the sheets .. Or change the towels or made the beds .. Everything was pretty much the same after the cleaning crew came in .. Horrible breakfast and there isn't enough tables to sit.. Don't even go there

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank sara B
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

I'm sorry you were so disappointed, Sara. I apologize if we weren't more clear about our location -- we are a few blocks from the beach, but we've always felt that the five minute walk was worth the price. That aside, the service you described is upsetting. We should have changed your linens and towels, and I'll discuss that with our team to see what happened. In the meantime, thanks for your feedback, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you'd like to discuss this further so we can make it right.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I've stayed here a few times over the past five years. It's a nice, clean hotel that isn't far from the beach. Joy at the front desk was very nice and helpful. We will definitely stay here on our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Nastern
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you for the great review! We love hearing that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to Joy as well. We'd love to see you in again next time you're in the area.

Cheers,

Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stayed in the two bedroom apartment. Not as nice as the pictures. Gallon of milk was left in refrigerator. Refrigerator leaked water on the floor first night and two of the three tv's would not work because remotes needed to be reprogrammed the next day. Had stove but no pans, etc to use so was useless if you wanted to use it. Not even a toaster and had to ask for a coffee maker. No maid service (stayed two nights) beds were not made next morning. No new towels were provided. When I called about them, I had to take the used ones to the laundry room and get new ones myself. Overall not a pleasant experience. Sharm was helpful the first night we arrived, the only positive experience. Would not stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank GolfandQuilt

While I am delighted that Sharm was helpful on your first night, I'm concerned that you were so disappointed for the rest of your stay. Our mission is to provide vacationers with a comfortable place to relax on Tybee Island and slip-ups with the refrigerator, TV, and kitchen gadgets are the last things you want to deal with when you're taking some time off. You can rest assured that I will be taking your feedback to heart going forward.

That said, I know we can be your go-to beach getaway, and I would love a second chance to show that to you. Next time you're on Tybee, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

All the best,

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Dunes has been recently renovated. Very clean room. Has two granite sinks, wife loved that! Paul, at the front desk was very helpful and personable. This is not a 5 star resort, but, it is very clean and within walking distance to the beach. They offer a continental breakfast. What can you say about that? They are pretty much the same. First time I have stayed in a room WITHOUT a coffee pot! Definitely recommend, and plan on staying there again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cleve R
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that you found everything so clean and comfortable -- it's great to know those renovations weren't for naught! We really appreciate the outstanding review and hope to see you again the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I visited recently with my sisters and daughter and had an enjoyable stay. The room was clean, nicely decorated and had hardwood floors. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room, but no coffee pot. For me, coffee on hand is much more important than a microwave or refrigerator, but there was plenty of (weak) coffee in the lobby, so it worked out fine. The continental breakfast area was very small and not a lot of variety, but adequate. The hotel staff was very nice. I do wish that I had done a little better job of checking things out before I booked because there is no elevator and I have really bad knees. It was a little bit of a struggle for me to navigate the steps. So, if you have any mobility issues, please keep that in mind. The beach is a walk across the street, and if you don't have any mobility issues, it shouldn't be that hard of a walk for you. The hotel is within walking distance of many restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: There are rooms that face the pool that might be quieter than the ones facing the street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

We're sorry that we weren't more clear about our accessibility, and we really appreciate that feedback. That aside, we're glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to welcome you and your sisters back again before the summer's over. Until then, thanks again for your candor, and we look forward to your next visit.