Dunes Inn & Suites
Sky Suites(Tybee Island)
$90
Sea & Breeze Hotel(Tybee Island)
$101
  • Pool
Hotel Tybee(Tybee Island)(Great Value!)
$151
Sandcastle Inn(Tybee Island)
$128
$124
Hotels.com
Desoto Beach Hotel(Tybee Island)(Great Value!)
$190
$148
Agoda.com
Marriott's Monarch at Sea Pines(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
$354
Marriott
Marriott's Heritage Club(Hilton Head)
$329
$379
Royal Palm Motel(Tybee Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleancontinental breakfastdonutstile floorswithin walking distanceenjoyed our staygreat place to staycoffee makerfamily vacationshort walk to the beachoff seasontybeeislandcerealpierdanish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I called ahead to see if there was a pet friendly room available since its a good 20 plus miles from the hotel I was trying at in S. Savannah. I had a coupon from a book I picked up at the Visitor Center at the rest area. It said walk-in only but the nice lady on the phone said she would hold it till I arrived. She also said she would make sure the room was ready when I got there at noon. It was for the annex building a separate building in back of the main one. $79.00's instead of $99.00-$129.00. I got a non-smoking king with hard tile floors, on the first floor. There are no elevators to the second floor. There was a mini-fridge and microwave but no coffee maker. They offer a continental breakfast so you really don't need one. My room was clean except the floor could use a heavy scrubbing and I agree that heavy odor of disinfectant or cleaner is a bit much. There are two picnic tables out front. Unfortunately some "JACKWAGON" threw chicken bones in the shrubbery and my little Yorkshire ate some and became sick so my four night much needed vacation turned into a two night stay. ( One at La Quinta and 1 here) I can't blame the hotel, I should of watched him more closely. I was up every hour taking him outside which put a Damper on the Rest & Relaxation I so desperately needed. I was pleasantly surprised to see a police car patrolling the area at 3 am, even though the area looked pretty safe. Located two blocks from beach, pier shops and dining. Over all I give the Friendliness and hospitality a 10. On another note I did hear some guests with the same coupon think they were paying the reduced rate for their whole stay to find out it was only for the first night! Always ask up front and get in writing so there are NO SURPRISES at check out. Good Restaurant next door Sting Rays, read my review.

Room Tip: If you can afford the main building the rooms are larger with kitchen and some have balconies over looking pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Although we're very sorry to hear that your pup became ill, we are glad that both of you were able to enjoy some much needed R & R here in Tybee. Thanks for staying with us, Megan, and for sharing your story. We'd love to welcome you back next time you need to get away!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was our 1st stay at The Dunes & we enjoyed it. Joy at the front desk is really sweet & helpful. The room was nice & clean & the motel is close to everything. We will stay here again without a doubt!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Yes, our location is hard to beat! Thanks for taking the time to review us, Michelle. We hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I too ask for a AAA discount and was not given one even though a sign was hanging advertising it. My room had a bad smell as well. I also noticed that there was a bunch of hair in the shower when I got in for the first time. There was a large piece of something that looked like a chunk of vomit that could be viewed on the floor when I opened the door to the fridge. The toilet also looked dirty. Other than that the room looked okay. We were only in the room to sleep so we still had a great time on our vacation.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank soniacam

The conditions you described are absolutely appalling. We are completely shocked to learn of your stay, and we wish we had been able to move you to another room. We will look into this immediately, and we really appreciate your candor. Thank you, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you'd like to discuss this further.

Best,

Reviewed July 21, 2013

When I called to make reservations, I asked if they gave AAA or military discounts. I was told that they didn't give discounts. However, after being in the hotel for 5 days, I notice a AAA discount sign hanging from the sign out front. When I asked the desk clerk about it at sign-out, he said that they only give it to some guest. I suggest before you sign in to inquire about the AAA discount. The room we had was the worst. It looked clean, but the kitchen had an odor that was unbearable. It smelled like it had been mopped with an old soured mop. My wife said it smelled like someone had vomited. There were empty wine bottles in the cabinet, so that could have been the sourse. We had to go to the IGA and buy disinfectant and room deodorizing spray in order to sleep that night. It took 2 nights of spraying before the ordor left.

Room Tip: One of the beds in room 115 is 2 feet from the air condition and it blows right on you. I had to put a chair up against my bed with the back to shield me from the air.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Glenn C

We would never want our guests to feel that they had to take drastic measures to sleep in a clean room, and we would have been happy to find you another room to avoid needless work. It's disappointing that we were unable to remedy this during your visit, but we want to make this right for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you'd like to discuss this in depth, Glenn.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We have stayed at the dunes three times this will be our fourth we spent our honeymoon here and return every year. Our bathroom was a little too small for my liking but we will have a larger one this time. we love the staff everyone is so nice and helpful. I tell all my friends about the dunes, we looked at other places but have chosen not to stay anywhere else. we will be down there for another great week in august cant wait.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

We can't wait to see you again, too! Thanks for spreading the word to all your friends, Lisa, and for the fantastic review. Let the countdown begin!

Cheers,