“Very Welcoming”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Tybee Island
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Very Welcoming”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Staff were very nice and helpful and only about a block to the beach. We were traveling with dogs and stayed here for that reason...but it was nice enough that I'd stay here again without dogs.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thanks for giving us a try! It's always fun to bring your pets on vacation. Glad to hear that all of you had such a great time. Thanks for the review. We hope to see you soon!

Sanjay Patel, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Decatur, GA
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I had an amazing experience with the front desk. My husband and I had a last minute change of plans which left us without a place to stay. Luckily, the Dunes was a very welcoming place. Perhaps it's my younger age (around 30) that leads me to have a liking for the kitchy type places, but this was right up my alley. No pretentiousness, just good and honest customer service.

Rooms were clean, but our A/C unit did rattle throughout the night, which was unfortunate. The hotel is right across the street from the beach, though which is also nice. Overall, not a bad experience, and I would recommend it highly to anyone looking for an affordable place to stay on the island.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Kathleen,

Glad we could give you a comfy place to stay at the last minute! Sorry to hear about your A/C. What room were you in? I'd like to have my maintenance team check it out right away.

Still, I'm happy that you and your husband enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the kind words. We hope to see you again next time you're on the Island!

Washington, Mo.
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed at this hotel 4 nights and although it was ok, when it rained the ceiling in the kitchenette leaked, there was no coffee pot, pots or pans to cook with. I'm sure there are much better places on Tybee Island (which we loved by the way).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Karen669
, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Karen,

I'm sorry to hear about the leak. Which room were you staying in? I'd like to know so that our maintenance team can make the necessary repairs.

While we don't equip the kitchen with pots and pans, we do have those items available at the front desk. We're always happy to bring them to you. Did you ask the front desk?

Thanks for your feedback. It's crucial in making Tybee that much better for our guests! Please don't hesitate to call me at (912) 786-4591 if you'd like to discuss this further.

Best,

Travelers are raving about these Tybee Island hotels

Walhalla, South Carolina
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed here three nights on a family vacation and this hotel is fair. The back door over looking the pool was rusty and stuck and was very hard to open. It is across the street from the ocean and ane pool water was so cloudy that I would not let my son swim in it. Will no be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank nursecrystal2000
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
I'm sorry to hear about this. We take pride in maintaining a clean, welcoming hotel for our guests, so I'm sorry that you were disappointed. I will make sure that the back door is repaired, as it should not have been so difficult to open. The pool is cleaned regularly, so it's unfortunate that you found it cloudy. When did you stay with us? Any feedback you can provide will help make us better for you.

Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

This room had large rooms, friendly staff, nice tile floors, and a convienently located pool. However, there was mildew in the bathroom, the bathroom fixtures were falling off the wall, the tile floors had dust and dirt caked in the corners and on the base boards, i saw a few roaches, its a long walk to the beach across a 4 lane road and pass 2 other motels, for the price i thought it should have been cleaner and closer to the beach, the kitchenette lacked a coffee maker, cooking and eating supplies, and a refrigerator(we had a mini fridge that barely worked).

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank SCarolinagirl78
While I'm glad that you were impressed with our staff and the size of your room, it is unfortunate that the rest of your stay was disappointing. The conditions that you described do not meet our standards, and I apologize. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I will have our maintenance and cleaning crew inspect your room, and I will definitely take your feedback into consideration as well. There is always room for improvement, and we strive to do better. Thank you again. We hope you'll give us another try next time you're in Tybee.

Best,
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed May 8, 2012

The room was nice, tile floors, soft towels, beds were comfy. However some photos I saw online showed photos of the beach. This hotel is not on the beach....the beach is across the street behind another hotel. It's a short walk to the beach, but no beach views for your room.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joan S
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Joan,

I'm sorry that you were confused about our location. We should have been more clear about that, and I apologize for the miscommunication. However, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope you'll come back and give us another try!

Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I Have Checked Around On Tybee Island And Priced Out Other Hotels And Motels On The Island And They Can Get Very Expensive, Especially The Ocean Beach Plaza Right Across From Dunes Inn & Suites. Every Year I Make A Trip With My Family To Tybee Island Since Its One Of The Only Beach Hot Spots In Georgia And I Must Say This Hotel Has Been The One I Will Continue To Book With And Stay In, Always Friendly Staff At The Front, Wonderful Rooms That Are Spacious With Kitchens In Them And Its Right Across The Road From The Beach & Stingrays Which Has The Best Seafood On The Island Right Down The Block! I Couldn't Be More Pleased With The Way This Hotel Is Ran, Im Very Satisfied Every Time I Stay Here And I Definatly Would Recommened This Hotel To Family And Friends!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Amy30066
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Thank you so much for your great review! I'm glad you find our staff accommodating and friendly and enjoy staying with us. We truly appreciate your feedback. We would love to welcome you back again any time!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tybee Island
#11 of 28 in Hilton Head
Hotel Tybee
Hotel Tybee
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Dunes Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!