“Needs some updates”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Tybee Island
Walhalla, South Carolina
“Needs some updates”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed here three nights on a family vacation and this hotel is fair. The back door over looking the pool was rusty and stuck and was very hard to open. It is across the street from the ocean and ane pool water was so cloudy that I would not let my son swim in it. Will no be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank nursecrystal2000
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
I'm sorry to hear about this. We take pride in maintaining a clean, welcoming hotel for our guests, so I'm sorry that you were disappointed. I will make sure that the back door is repaired, as it should not have been so difficult to open. The pool is cleaned regularly, so it's unfortunate that you found it cloudy. When did you stay with us? Any feedback you can provide will help make us better for you.

Sanjay Patel, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

This room had large rooms, friendly staff, nice tile floors, and a convienently located pool. However, there was mildew in the bathroom, the bathroom fixtures were falling off the wall, the tile floors had dust and dirt caked in the corners and on the base boards, i saw a few roaches, its a long walk to the beach across a 4 lane road and pass 2 other motels, for the price i thought it should have been cleaner and closer to the beach, the kitchenette lacked a coffee maker, cooking and eating supplies, and a refrigerator(we had a mini fridge that barely worked).

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank SCarolinagirl78
While I'm glad that you were impressed with our staff and the size of your room, it is unfortunate that the rest of your stay was disappointing. The conditions that you described do not meet our standards, and I apologize. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I will have our maintenance and cleaning crew inspect your room, and I will definitely take your feedback into consideration as well. There is always room for improvement, and we strive to do better. Thank you again. We hope you'll give us another try next time you're in Tybee.

Best,
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed May 8, 2012

The room was nice, tile floors, soft towels, beds were comfy. However some photos I saw online showed photos of the beach. This hotel is not on the beach....the beach is across the street behind another hotel. It's a short walk to the beach, but no beach views for your room.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joan S
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Joan,

I'm sorry that you were confused about our location. We should have been more clear about that, and I apologize for the miscommunication. However, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope you'll come back and give us another try!

Regards,
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I Have Checked Around On Tybee Island And Priced Out Other Hotels And Motels On The Island And They Can Get Very Expensive, Especially The Ocean Beach Plaza Right Across From Dunes Inn & Suites. Every Year I Make A Trip With My Family To Tybee Island Since Its One Of The Only Beach Hot Spots In Georgia And I Must Say This Hotel Has Been The One I Will Continue To Book With And Stay In, Always Friendly Staff At The Front, Wonderful Rooms That Are Spacious With Kitchens In Them And Its Right Across The Road From The Beach & Stingrays Which Has The Best Seafood On The Island Right Down The Block! I Couldn't Be More Pleased With The Way This Hotel Is Ran, Im Very Satisfied Every Time I Stay Here And I Definatly Would Recommened This Hotel To Family And Friends!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Amy30066
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Thank you so much for your great review! I'm glad you find our staff accommodating and friendly and enjoy staying with us. We truly appreciate your feedback. We would love to welcome you back again any time!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Thank you so much for your hospitality. We very much enjoyed our stay with you.There was a personal touch put into the customer service. We will be back!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ok B
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
So glad to hear from you! We truly appreciate your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the personal touches we include. Thank you for reviewing Dune Inn & Suites; we would love to welcome you back again any time.

Newnan
Reviewed March 13, 2012

My husband and I decided to get away for a three day weekend. On our last visit to Tybee we stayed across the street at the Ocean Plaza and were not impressed so we decided to try the Dunes Inn and Suites this time. Our room at the Dunes Inn and Suites was clean, had a fridge and microwave and large bathroom. Yes, our comforted on the bed did have a small hole in it, but it was no big deal. The bed was comfortable & the room was quiet (Tybee Island was celebrating with it's St. Patrick's parade) the weekend we were there. We were able to watch the parade sitting at our front door. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. We will stay at the Dunes Inn and Suites on our next visit to Tybee Island. StingRay's restaurant still has the best seafood on the island (and great cocktails). The Sugar Shack is a good place for breakfast (if you want something other than the continental offered by the hotel).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Suzydispatch
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Thanks so much for your great review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the room clean and comfortable. We would love to welcome you back again whenever you're on Tybee.

asheville
Reviewed February 28, 2012

My husband and I found this motel to be the dirtiest motel/hotel we have ever stayed in. I was bitten by a large black spider that apparently lived under the bed. We stayed there for the kitchenette but would have been better off in another place with a microwave. The bedspread was filthy as were the face cloths. We will never stay there again when we visit Tybee and have advised our friends and family to avoid this dump as well.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank trudy t
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Trudy,

I'm sincerely sorry if you found any aspect of your stay with us. Your comment about the spider is very troubling and I assure you I will be looking into it. If you could contact the hotel and tell us your room number, we would love to take care of that problem. I also wanted to let you know that we will be renovating the hotel in the coming months, which should address many of your concerns. I do hope you'll afford us another opportunity to impress you.

Travelers are raving about these Tybee Island hotels

#2 of 8 in Tybee Island
Atlantis Inn
Atlantis Inn
#7 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Dunes Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!