“Great party atmosphere”

Ranked #3 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed May 24, 2012

$45 gets you a large pizza (very good), 2 salads, pitcher of beer (to calm the adults) & pitcher coke (to hype up kids) for trip back to the condo. Cool place.

1  Thank fannymae
There are newer reviews for Huc-A-Poos

Reviewed May 19, 2012

While the pizza is good, the beer cold, and the live weekend music loud, it's the off season games and camaraderie that make it fun. The albums on the ceiling keep you occupied while the pizza's being made and the rustic locals and wandering visitors make you feel warm all over. Needs to be twice as big, though. Play ring toss, it's fun, especially after a cold one!

1  Thank tybeebeachgirl
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Pizza is average, I think Sweet Melissas or Vinnies in City Market is way better. The cigarette smoke drove me crazy! It's sort of grungy too, I think that's the look they're going for but it comes off as dirty. It's not a "family friendly" restaurant, I would not take my children here. It's a dive bar that happens to serve pizza and chips. Eh, it's ok, would not go again. Underwhelmed.

2  Thank sweetpotato018
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I will list a full disclosure first-we went to Huc-A-Poos because we know the mother of the people who work there. We had to really look to find it but the people in town were very helpful. Once we found it-it is somewhat out of the way in it's location-we parked and went in for lunch. There was quite a crowd so that told me something. VERY rustic decor-but interesting. Relaxing-I enjoyed just watching all the people there as well as the waiter who seemed to be everywhere at once.
It wasn't the best pizza I've ever had but it was good and I'm glad we went. I would go back next time we visit.

1  Thank BeverlyB224
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Great bar, fun people. Just had pizza but it was great.

2  Thank Bettymachete