TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Wonderful 2 day tour of the Alamut Valley

Shorab gave us the most wonderful tour of the Alamut Valley. He is a very professional guide and... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Francis L
Miltown Malbay, Ireland
via mobile
Trip to Alamoot

We had a wonderful time visiting Alamoot. Mr Sohrab is great tour leader. He made sure everything... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
KualaLumpurLily
Kuala Lumpur

All reviews his wife perfect guide day tour wonderful tour caspian sea his knowledge delicious dinner early in the morning one night friendly guide excellent driver safe driver several days lovely breakfast tehran english valley
Selected filters
Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

Me and 4 friends of mine had the chance to find this guide on trip advisor and it happened to be a wonderful choice!
We made a two day/one night trip through the alamut valley.

He may have start his own business recently, but he has the experience of a guide that did this for years with others organised tours.
PLUS HE SPEAKS ENGLISH, so he enriched the tour with his wonderful company, informations, tales and legends on the area.

When we arrived he opened his house to us and his wife prepared a spectacular traditional lunch that we had together with the family.
We took two cars and had the chance to: see the valley, moderately hike with reasonable effort to two castles, sleep in a traditional village beneath the alamut castle, grilled a wonderful Juje kebab in the canion and collected memories that we will keep in our heart forever.

When we went back at his place to get our backpacks, his wife prepared tea and a delicious cake to say goodbye.
I really hope I will meet him again in my next trip to Iran.

My only regret is that I can’t post all the beautiful pictures due to the size limit of upload.

Date of experience: August 2019
sohrabp2017, Owner at Alamut Trip, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2019

Hello dear Agnese thank you for your good comment very greateful for your favor and accepting my tour hope you enjoyed my tour services hope to see you again in IRAN.
Sohrab(alamuttrip)

Reviewed September 8, 2019

Me and my friend enjoyed trip with Sohrab for several days in Alamut valley. He had the trip nicely prepared, we did hiking with overnight sleep in mountain village and then he took us to see the castle and other nice places around.

Date of experience: April 2019
sohrabp2017, Owner at Alamut Trip, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2019

Hello dear Olga thank you for your good comment hope see you again in Iran send my regard to your friend .
Best wishes

Reviewed September 8, 2019

Sohrab is a great tour guide. He invited me to a dinner, night before the Alamut trip. I met his family, dinner was delicious and I felt as at home. The next day we did the Alamut tour. Sohrab knows the places with nice views, opportunity to make a nice photo. In order to get a nice view, you have to work a little, his tours also involve a little hiking:) We ate lunch under the cherry trees on the persian carpets, home-cooked meal, made by his wife. Sohrab is also a great driver, knows the routs and he has a good feeling when you are hungry or just mentions that this a good spot to take a photo. Highly recommend Sohrab for Alamut trip :)
Kristian

Date of experience: April 2019

Hi dear Kristian thank you for your good comment about me and my tour
I was so happy that I was your company on this tour and I had so much fun
Hope to see you again
Sohrab(alamuttrip)

Reviewed September 6, 2019 via mobile

Great day tour through beautifull landscape. Good driving and guiding. Excellent lunch home cooked. All 100% recommendable

Date of experience: October 2018
sohrabp2017, Owner at Alamut Trip, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2019

Hello dear Dany thank you so much hope see you again.
Sohrab .

Reviewed September 1, 2019

Me and my friend spent 3 days in 2018 with Mr. Sohrab exploring Alamut Valley. We came very late to Qazvin and he arrange for us very nice apparent for a night. Next day in early morning we had lovely breakfast in traditional Iranian place and then started our tour. The mountains were magnificent with outstanding landscapes. We did serval hikes observing beautiful nature, rivers, canyons, caves. Sohrab was really kind and helpful explaining history and local customs of the place. We saw Assassin castle with great views over the valley. He served us food on the way that was prepared by his wife and it was delicious. I admired his calmness and gentleness behind the wheel. We felt very secure  When back to Qzvin we had nice diner with his family. It was unforgettable experience and I recommend Mr. Sohrab to anybody looking for good reliable guide to Alamut valley.

Date of experience: October 2018
sohrabp2017, Owner at Alamut Trip, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2019

Hello dear mr.Tomasz.thank you for your good comment about me and my tour.
Very greateful for your favor and accepting my tour.hope see you again in Iran.
Sohrab(alamut trip).