“labor day 2013”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Tucker
Nashville, Tennessee
“labor day 2013”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Location to Stone Mountain is only thing this hotel has going for it. Although staff was not rude we were charged $3 more for the room than we booked for on internet. We booked a King non smoking but got a double queen. Rooms had no clock, no hair dryer, no coffee pot as promised and no microwave, no HBO to be found. Did have a small refridgerator. Sheets and towels had stains when we arrived. Stayed two nights and 2nd night stains were not found. Rooms are dingy and noise from other rooms above and to the side are loud. Breakfast is a joke. No coffee, only one small table and 3 chairs. Lucky if you find a donut and a cup of orange drink and quality of these are bad. Will not stay at Econolodge here or anywhere again.

Would recommend everyone to see Stone Mountain though. Just don't stay here.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tiny C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is an old motel that has not been updated in years; it is run down. The bathroom was clean as were the sheets. It had free wifi which was nice as well as a mini fridge in the room. There was also a couch in our room which was a nice surprise. Other than those few perks it is a no-frills hotel. No in-room hair dryer, coffee maker, no extra blankets or towels unless specially requested and they will only give you one, etc... The did restock our room daily(soap, cups, toilet paper, new towels, etc.) and cleaned the bathroom and sink. There was an odor to the place. It was not terrible in the room but the bathroom was worse. We were in a no-smoking room but the people next to us could smoke and it made our room smell bad. All my clothes and bags have a slight smell of smoke now even though no one in my room smoked. There are security cameras and I felt safe. We were a group of college kids in town for the final four. It worked for our budget and we never spent any time at the hotel except to sleep and shower. For the price we paid it was what we were expecting. Minus the breakfast... that was disappointing. Mini-muffins, mini-bagels were both stale. There was a waffle maker but no more batter left by the time we got to breakfast. Juice was good but coffee was extremely weak. We went one morning and the rest we ate somewhere else. I would prefer not to stay here again but I would do it if there wasn't another affordable option.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Tucker hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I made the mistake of staying here twice. The second time was because I forgot how bad it was the first time. We found dead cockroaches in our bathroom. The lobby has a peculiar odor. The shower surround was moldy, the vent hadn't been cleaned in a while,if ever. The bed was uncomfortable and my wife wanted to leave the light on for fear of bugs. My first stay, I was alone, and needed to be in this area. I had already made the reservation when I realized where I was the second time, it was too late. I agree about there always being someone wandering around in the lot. Never again will I set foot in this place.

Room Tip: Find another Hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Justin F
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I made the mistake of not checking the reviews on this hotel thinking, "how bad could it be for one night?" ha. We spent a lovely evening watching the laser show at Stone Mountain, just to come to check in here to find out there is not elevator so you have to drag your bags up the stairs. The A/C was not working, we were greeted by roaches in our room and could hear the guy next door who had called up the manager to complain about his room through the adjoining door that didn't reach the bottom of the floor so we could hear EVERYTHING. I wouldn't have stayed here if you paid me to. We checked into the Hampton Inn just a few miles away in a nicer part of town. It was only 30 dollars more. SO WORTH IT. She said they get a LOT of business from people who try to stay at the Econo Lodge and decide NOT to spend the night with drug dealers. She said the only people who hang out at that hotel are drug dealers and prostitutes. Just stay away!

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn. It's clean and not too much more money.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jules0615
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Typical configuration for this flag with a some perks such as breakfast. Also a coffee maker, frig and microwave were in room. Overall this was a clean hotel and good highway access.
A downside is the building is aging. Limited electrical outlets were in the room. All electrical appliances were run from one outlet and there was only one other outlet by the sink. This limited my ability to plug in my laptop and cell phone charger.
In spite of that, a very fair room rate was given with an AARP discount honored.

Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Perry, Georgia
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I reserved rooms here for 5 adults and 12 girl scouts for a weekend trip to Stone Mountain, after returning from a amazing day at Stone Mountain, we returned to the room. Immidietely after we were harrrased by other guest who were walking around banging on our doors and leaving, they made nasty comments to the girls and the adults, and followed us in the hallways and parking lot. There was evidence of drug use, in the hallways. After complaining to the front desk, I got a " I will watch the cameras", after a second complaint and a demand to speak with the manager I was called a liar. It took me 5 minutes to pack my girls up and head to another hotel. I have never been so terrified and afraid in my life, and the blatant disregard for my girls safety was disgusting. Please for your own safety DO NOT stay there!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank gslady
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed August 19, 2010

I booked this through Choice Hotels, it looked clean in the picture and it was close to what we were wanting to do. When we pulled up, I thought OH NO... nothing like the picture. There were people walking around that looked like they were up to something. We did NOT feel safe at all staying here... The bed was hard as a rock, the people checking in later on were loud and had no courtsey for others trying to sleep. This place was not very clean and the staff was not very friendly.
Actually it was not a pleasant stay at all and I would not stay here again...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Fordgirl2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucker
Hampton Inn Atlanta/Stone Mountain
Knights Inn Atlanta East
Quality Inn Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
#107 of 173 in Atlanta

Been to Econo Lodge Stone Mountain? Share your experiences!