“Tina”

Courtyard Atlanta Northlake
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Tucker
Reviewed November 30, 2013

The Check in Staff was friendly and gave me a warm welcome.. We were told by the front desk to drive to the side of the building & enter through the side door. The side of the building was very poorly lit & secluded ( it was after 1:00am), once we got to our room and the air condition was on and the room was freezing we tried several times to swatch to heat but it did not work, we called to the front desk and was told that may it was broken and she could switch us to another room it was after 1:00am in the morning and the temperature was 31 degrees outside so we switch to another room the same thing happen with yet again. We stayed until 6:30am and let the hotel and went some where else.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiffany D, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you so much Tina for taking the time to review our hotel. While I am elated to hear that our staff was welcoming and friendly, I am very disappointed that you encountered issues with the heating system in your room. Please be assured that we took immediate action to correct these issues, and provide our staff with training that will help them better respond to similar issues in the future. I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the Tucker, GA area. Please contact me directly when you plan to stay again so that I may ensure that your entire stay is trouble free and reflects the high standards that you have come to expect from the Marriott family of hotels. Thank you for staying with us. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The check in staff was friendly and gave us a very warm welcome (one was formerly from our area). A nice welcome to Atlanta after 14 hours of driving. Upon check in they worked to ensure our rooms were near each other. And upon returning from the rehearsal dinner, graciously allowed our group of 10 to continue our "family reunion" in the lobby evening warning us that the MarketPlace would be closing at 11:45pm. Our rooms were clean and the hotel was quiet. Sitting in the courtyard with sun and drinking coffee was a great way to start the wedding day. Not having an elevator was a bit inconvenient but not enough of a distraction to ruin what was otherwise a great trip to GA to connect with family.

Room Tip: No elevator to second floor so consider requesting a room on the ground floor if needed.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is dated. In the layout, lack of elevator, hike to the bistro, etc. it is definitely in need of investment. The rooms are okay, clean and quiet. If you have meetings close by, you can escape the ATL traffic.
There is a new chick-fil-a close by for a snack. Dinner options are challenging close by.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My 14 year old daughter and I checked into this hotel near midnight. We were told by the front desk to drive to the side of the building & enter through the side door. The side of the building was very poorly lit & secluded. It was a very unsafe environment for to females to be in. There is not an elevator, so my daughter & I had to lug a weeks worth of luggage up the stairs by ourselves. The room we were given was filthy. The bed had been slept, then made up. There was an indention under the covers where a body had been and an indention in the pillow as well. There were hairs all over the bed where the head would be. The second room we were given was a downsized room. We went from king to queen & were not offered a refund in the price. When we woke up the next morning, we noticed that the sliding exterior door was cracked open & that the security bar was missing. VERY UNSAFE! The in our room barely flushed. The toilet in the ladies room downstairs, by the restaurant did not flush at all & was full off poop. I notified the staff, we ate our entire breakfast & saw no one go in there to correct it. The bathtub barely drained. By the end of my shower, I was standing in about 5 inches of dirty water. There was an ugly bug hanging out in our bathroom as well.
Travelocity was able to get us out of the remainder of our stay, but the hotel refused to give us a refund or a discount on the 2 nights that we were their, claiming that the Marriott no longer refunded money, or offering free nights elsewhere, for unsatisfactory stays. I guess Marriott is uninterested in having returning guests.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
TonyE441, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Thank you for your feedback about your stay. I apologize that your visit with us was a disappointing one. Safety is on the mind of all travelers and we take every precaution to ensure that our guests are safe. All of our entrances are well lit with the proper lighting throughout the parking area, but it may not be what you are used to. Your room was located at the front of the hotel, so unless there was an outage, there shouldn't have been a reason for concern. In addition, hotel security was on duty at your time of your check-in. They are there to help if any assistance is needed. Some of our rooms have new sliding glass doors. Your first room had an original sliding door that had a bar as a secondary security measure.The second room had a new sliding door that didn't have a bar because it had a different two lock system that doesn't require a bar to secure it.
From the report I read, all of the non-subjective issues that were verified were addressed and, in the end, you decided not to stay. I can understand that. The hotel did speak to Travelocity and had them refund your future nights. The first two nights were prepaid and could not be refunded. We did, however, offer you an alternative to which you declined and that was your choice. Marriott is not in the business of making people unhappy. No company wants that, because there is no win for either party. We strive to make every guest experience an enjoyable one. Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The staff were very helpful as I managed booking five rooms over a few days for family arriving at different times for a funeral. It was stressful time for all of us, and the staff provided capable assistance that made everything so much easier. I also saw them extend that same kindness to other guests of the hotel. The rooms were spacious and extremely clean, as I would expect of a Marriott. The rooms were quiet and we were allowed to have privacy during the day for those who needed to nap. The courtyard area was lovely. While it is in the middle of a congested, busy area, it is set back among trees so that you almost don't know it is there. And it feels cool and quiet in the midst of the very busy city. It was convenient to highways, grocery, drug stores, many restaurants and a Starbucks! I can't say enough good things about our arrangements at this hotel. Thank to all of the staff.

Room Tip: Rooms are on two levels. There is an elevator. All rooms were nice. The one bedroom suite was great...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Markey2
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed at this Courtyard last Saturday night on a trip to Atlanta with family and a friend. We had a great weekend in Atlanta and arrived at the hotel late Saturday night. The hotel although not as modern as some Courtyards appeared clean and the beds provided the good night's sleep we needed after a long day. My youngest daughter always travels with her 2 small stuffed bears known to all family and friends as Ralph and Ronald. These bears had been well traveled having gone with my daughter to California, Vegas, New York, and even Cabo.
Sunday morning when we were getting ready to check out, the male housekeeper who was to clean our room knocked on the door around 9:30 to see if he could clean. We answered the door and told him we would be checking out shortly. Within 10-15 minutes the door suddenly was opened without a knock and he said, "Oh, did not know you were still here."
In our haste to leave, we failed to check the bed for anything left. That night at bedtime, my daughter noticed the bears were missing, and was so upset. I immediately called the hotel. The night front desk employee answered and although friendly was not able to find the bears and told me to call back the next morning when housekeeping was there. I called early the next morning and spoke with Sherry. Sherry immediately began trying to help locate the missing bears and I just knew they would be found since we know we left them there. Wouldn't the person who cleaned the room have found them and turned them in realizing they belonged to someone who would want and need them back?? Sherry checked with housekeeping and even waited to check with employees who were off on their return to work. She called me when she said she would, and I will always appreciate her efforts. However, the bears were not found--and the sadness continues over their loss. I just cannot imagine how they disappeared. Even if they were scooped up in sheets, wouldn't they be in the laundry???? All I can assume is that someone threw them away or took them home. I even offered and would still offer a reward for their safe return. My oldest daughter worked for a Marriott resort in Birmingham, and I asked her what was the policy on finding things in the room and throwing them away. She said housekeepers are asked to turn them in, but there is no way of ensuring they do. Now if I leave something in a hotel, I know the fault is on me, and the hotel is not liable for their return, but these were stuffed animals that someone had to know belonged to a person who loved them enough to carry them around. If it had been left magazines, etc. throw them away or take them home, but stuffed bears?? All I can assume is the person who decided they were not important enough to save did not realize how much it would hurt for them to be gone. As I stated I do appreciate the help given by Sherry, and she even told me today they will continue the search and I know she will. Maybe they will show up, and I know my daughter will get over it, but for now we are missing 2 beloved sleep buddies. If someone at the hotel does find them, please take to the front desk. The offer for a reward still stands. If they come home, I will update this message. If not, so long Ralph and Ronald, you will always be remembered.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
TonyE441, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

I sincerely apologize that our search, so far, has not locate your daughter's favorite bears. Please no that my team hasn't given up hope on finding them. I'll make sure to notify you of any if we have any success locating them. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

There with our son's baseball team for a tournament in East Cobb. The team was assigned to the Comfort Inn and Conference Center which was dirty and where the staff was not accommodating so many of the families checked out and into the Marriott Courtyard. The Marriott was clean and the staff was terrific. They let the boys watch tv in the lobby and helped them to order dinner from a nearby restaurant. The location was great-- near lots of shopping and restaurants. The difference in price between a suite and a basic double room was $5 per night, so we took the suite. Not a palace but just fine for our purposes. Nice swimming pool. Good breakfast buffet. And excellent staff. Will insist on being assigned to this hotel for the tournament next year.

Room Tip: Not much difference in price between standard room and suite so go for the suite.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Baseballmom60763

I appreciate you taking time out to write about your experience at our hotel. It's good to know that we were about to meet your needs and that the kids had a great time. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit. The teams are always welcome. I thank you for your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucker
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake
Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake
TownePlace Suites Atlanta Northlake
Masters Inn Tucker
Masters Inn Tucker
#2 of 11 in Tucker
Hampton Inn Atlanta/Stone Mountain

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Northlake? Share your experiences!