“Average to Good”

Courtyard Atlanta Northlake
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Tucker
Reviewed July 23, 2013

It is always great to be acknowledged when you first walk in to check into a hotel. This hotel had excellent staff at our arrival and they were exceptional with their hospitality. We enjoyed a spacious King suite-it was quite large. The layout of the hotel was nice. It was clean but worn in the stairwells and very humid in the stairwells-there is no elevator at this two story hotel. The room was very comfortable but somewhat dated. I would stay here again as it was convenient for visiting friends in the area.

Room Tip: No elevators, ask for a first floor room with lots of luggage and children.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
TonyE441, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thanks your for your feedback about your stay at Courtyard. We do our best ensure that you enjoy your stay while you are with us. Our hotel was the third Courtyard built and unfortunately the first six hotels do not have elevators. So, if at some point if you end up on the 2nd floor in the future, please know that we are here to assist your family with luggage. And yes, with extremely wet summer we've had so far, the stairwells have been a challenge in trying to cool down. Hope to see you all on your next stay. Thanks.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Atlanta Northlake

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews on trip advisor I was expecting a bad experience. I didn't even want to stay here, but it turns out that this Hotel is not all that bad. Yes there was no elevator, big deal? No. The rooms were very clean. The bed was extremely comfortable. I felt a sense of security. The TVs are new flat screens. It was very quiet. Overall I had a good experience. The price ahould be somewhere around $99.00, rather than $120.00. I was pleased, but then again my expectations were not high.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your comments about your stay. Although we have yet to be renovated, the hotel continues to focus on maintaining the property as best we can, which includes ensuring a high level of cleanliness. Please remember, If you are ever given a room on the 2nd floor, we are here to take your luggage up for you. I appriciate your business. Thanks again.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have been holding Bearfest here for the past five years and could not ask for a better hotel. They go out of their way to make sure everything is taken care of. The staff is always extremely friendly and always available should any problems arise. The hotel grounds and rooms are always very clean and neat. And Rose is the best housekeeper ever!!!!

Room Tip: First floor pool facing rooms have sliding glass doors that open up to the pool...dont have to walk...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank B2country

Thank you for feedback. The hotel is always excited to host the Atlanta Bear Fest's yearly event. The group has always been one of the highlights of the year, as well as being part of our extended family. The associates look forward each year to taking care of the group and having fun. Next year is going to be even better.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed here 07JUN13-09JUN13 and it was an okay experience. I was very surprised at how outdated the rooms and furnishings looked (not worn, but outdated). It seems that it was decorated from the 80s. The room was clean, came with a refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom was outdated but clean. The air conditioning units in the room were SO LOUD that we had to turn the tv up quite a bit to hear it. When we called the front desk for a few items, they were brought up immediately. I would have preferred an elevator rather than lugging our luggage up the steps. Location is good for socializing (lots of restaurants, a mall close - Northlake) and it is very close to 285. If I had the choice, I would have probably stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear that you had a nice stay. We are hopeful that the dates for a renovation will be set efore the end of the year. Thanks for your business.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Very old property (think two floors with no elevator), worn down rooms (felt clean) until I found a dead cockroach in the bathroom. I stay @ a lot of Marriott's and this one is the worst of all. Only place worse is the Doubletree in Tucker. Stay away.

Room Tip: A different hotel. :)
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
TonyE441, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for your review. As the General Manager, I do recognize that our facility is not new, but know that it should be a clean and comfortable environment for guests and their families. We do have comprehensive pest control program to combat such issues and hopefully the front desk was notified of your findings. I do appreciate your honesty and taking the time to write about your experience and I thank you for choosing Courtyard.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I recently stayed here for the second time in the past two years and I have to say, other than the location of the hotel to restaurants, the mall, access to the highway...This place was a real let down...I wouldn't totally give it a poor rating because the staff was extremely nice and helpful...But the hotel room itself was very outdated...The paint on the walls was cracking...The fixtures in the bathroom are yellowing...There were water spots on the ceiling of the bathroom and HAIR???...There was so much DUST in the room my eyes immediately turned red...I mean dust on EVERYTHING...Would really like to stay here again ONLY because of the great location and good service...But I doubt I'll be back until they do a serious upgrade and a spot check of the rooms before they rent them out...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
TonyE441, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I will agree that the hotel is a bit dated, but your room should have still be clean and well maintained. It appears that goal wasn't met, so my apologies to you. I do hope you will return when we've been renovated. Once those dates are set, I will post a notification and a timeline.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had business in the area, & wanted to stay close by. This was a very nice hotel & in very Good condition. Best part of this hotel is the service. The people working there were exceptional. Very friendly, & accommodating. Definitely recommend if you're in the area.

Room Tip: 2 Floor hotel. No elevator, so if you have a problem carrying your bag upstairs then you'll wan...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for your staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed time here and I will share your comments with the team.The buffet will soon be going away and will be replaced by a Bistro. However, until then, we will continue to look for ideas on how to better maintain and keep it relevant.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucker
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake
Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake
Masters Inn Tucker
Masters Inn Tucker
#3 of 11 in Tucker

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Northlake? Share your experiences!