“overpriced”

Courtyard Atlanta Northlake
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Tucker
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We love and trust Marriott, that is why we always try to book in one of their hotels. But this one was a totallydisappointment!
A classic Courtyard with a pretty old building, but that is no matter...the sad thing was too see the pretty dirty common areas (in/outside): how can you enjoy it? And...It's time to change the carpet along the stairs,isn't it?
There's a rich buffet breakfast, but no tasty. waffle looked nasty. Is the breakfast the mirror of that old bulding as well? We both had stomachache for two days.
To us it is absolutely OVERPRICED.
2 only good things find there: free parking, and friendly staff.
For the rest, thumbs down. NEVERMORE.

Room Tip: I don't really know what I could write to help again. Ask for bigger room for sure for sure.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed March 31, 2012

I recently stayed here for business and found this to be a decent place to stay. The hotel reception was always very nice and accommodating to me. They were able to make recommendations even for late night dining. The room were controlled by the thermostat, so you set the temperature. It was nice and clean. They have nice flat screen televisions and a little fridge, but there was no microwave. I found the bed to be a little soft for how I like it, but I was still able to get a good night's sleep. The location was fine for my needs, and there are a bunch of different restaurants and places to shop right in that area. The breakfast had a really nice spread, but you have to pay for this. I would stay here again and found it a nice stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room on 1st floor if you want/need to avoid the stairs
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a Monday - Friday business trip. The cost was very reasonable for what you get - a clean, nice place with limited amenities. The lobby doubles as a breakfast-only restaurant, but there are plenty of restaurants nearby so, that was fine. There is no elevator, so be prepared to lug your suitcases up a flight of stairs. The room was spacious and cleaned well everyday. Nice TV, old windows with view of the parking lot, and the staff ranged from average to very friendly. I complained in a comment card that I was asked twice - within earshot of other guests - for my name and room number when doing transactions at the front desk. I received a very nice note from the manager less that 24 hours later that he would fix the situation. I would return again, if only for the proximity to the Mellow Mushroom, the pizza place next door.

Room Tip: First floor - there is no elevator!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times because it is convenient. It has not been taken care of as well as it should have been. The beds are comfortable and the room, save the bathroom, was clean. The ceiling in the bathroom has had an obvious leak and a semi-repair with a large water spot and some mold. There must be some type of security issue because they lock the side access to the parking lot and have a uniformed security guard walking the halls at night. The hotel was almost empty and the female security guard banged on my door at 10:30 PM and asked that I turn my TV volume down. Based on the scale on the sliding bar on the volume control that is displayed on the TV I had the volume set at about 20%. I called the front desk and inquired because the guard startled me and was told that no one had complained about the volume on the TV. I voiced my displeasure and they gave me a few Marriott Points. This is the first time I've ever had a security guard knock on my door in almost 1000 nights at this chain. I had a rate that included breakfast and the food was pretty mediocre for the additional $10.00 I paid. Probably would not do breakfast there again---it wasn't bad but the breads, biscuits, and side dishes looked pretty tired. The oatmeal and the sausage gravy both had a thick crust on them and it was approximately 8:30 AM. If I had seen the moldy bathroom ceiling when I checked in, I would have requested another room.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 17, 2012

This is an exceptional property which measures up to the Marriott standards that we value. The staff was extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. The hotel is convenient to nearby attractions, businesses, Emory medical facilities.
This was my first visit to this location, but I will return

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Staff is very friendly. The hotel room is very clean and comfortable. The only negative is the gazebo is not maintained regularly (looks and feels run down). Located near many restaurants and a (small) mall. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 10, 2011

A one night stay visiting a family member. It was clean, comfortable, and easy check in and check out. Good value for Atlanta and 20 minutes to where I needed to be the next day. I'm staying there again when I go back for Thanksgiving.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucker
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake
Days Inn & Suites Tucker/Northlake
Knights Inn Atlanta East
Hampton Inn Atlanta/Stone Mountain
Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Northlake? Share your experiences!