“Good Enough”

Courtyard Atlanta Northlake
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Tucker
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a Monday - Friday business trip. The cost was very reasonable for what you get - a clean, nice place with limited amenities. The lobby doubles as a breakfast-only restaurant, but there are plenty of restaurants nearby so, that was fine. There is no elevator, so be prepared to lug your suitcases up a flight of stairs. The room was spacious and cleaned well everyday. Nice TV, old windows with view of the parking lot, and the staff ranged from average to very friendly. I complained in a comment card that I was asked twice - within earshot of other guests - for my name and room number when doing transactions at the front desk. I received a very nice note from the manager less that 24 hours later that he would fix the situation. I would return again, if only for the proximity to the Mellow Mushroom, the pizza place next door.

Room Tip: First floor - there is no elevator!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 23, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times because it is convenient. It has not been taken care of as well as it should have been. The beds are comfortable and the room, save the bathroom, was clean. The ceiling in the bathroom has had an obvious leak and a semi-repair with a large water spot and some mold. There must be some type of security issue because they lock the side access to the parking lot and have a uniformed security guard walking the halls at night. The hotel was almost empty and the female security guard banged on my door at 10:30 PM and asked that I turn my TV volume down. Based on the scale on the sliding bar on the volume control that is displayed on the TV I had the volume set at about 20%. I called the front desk and inquired because the guard startled me and was told that no one had complained about the volume on the TV. I voiced my displeasure and they gave me a few Marriott Points. This is the first time I've ever had a security guard knock on my door in almost 1000 nights at this chain. I had a rate that included breakfast and the food was pretty mediocre for the additional $10.00 I paid. Probably would not do breakfast there again---it wasn't bad but the breads, biscuits, and side dishes looked pretty tired. The oatmeal and the sausage gravy both had a thick crust on them and it was approximately 8:30 AM. If I had seen the moldy bathroom ceiling when I checked in, I would have requested another room.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 17, 2012

This is an exceptional property which measures up to the Marriott standards that we value. The staff was extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. The hotel is convenient to nearby attractions, businesses, Emory medical facilities.
This was my first visit to this location, but I will return

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Staff is very friendly. The hotel room is very clean and comfortable. The only negative is the gazebo is not maintained regularly (looks and feels run down). Located near many restaurants and a (small) mall. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 10, 2011

A one night stay visiting a family member. It was clean, comfortable, and easy check in and check out. Good value for Atlanta and 20 minutes to where I needed to be the next day. I'm staying there again when I go back for Thanksgiving.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I stayed here for work and wish I could give a better review but the Courtyard Tucker is probably the lower end of Courtyard properties. They don't offer lotion in the rooms so I had to go buy some. Also, the air conditioner was extremely noisy. The bedding (like most Courtyards) was flimsy. Also, at breakfast he bagels were stale. However, the staff could not have been nicer! The front desk upon check-in were very helpful and polite. After I checked out I noticed there was an error in my bill and Ivan acted right away in an extremely professional manner and offered to correct the error immediately. Although I probably wouldn't stay here again I truly commend the staff for their outstanding customer service

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank ChiGirl847
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I stayed at this hotel this past week for a family reunion. The service was excellent. We came in a day early and was able to add an additional night onto our reservation, though not at the discounted rate. That was fine. The room was very nice and the bed was comfortable. There was an issue with trying to regulate the temperature in the room. The thermostat was confusing to me – when you turn the temperature down, it automatically bounces back to the temperature that it was already on. There was also a problem with our bathtub draining slow. The first night I showered, I was standing in a tub full of water by the time I finished. Yuck! But once I called down to the front office about it, they sent someone right away. The guy poured some Draino in the tub and – PRESTO! – that did the trick. The breakfast was decent although if you decided to sleep in, you missed it. It was over at 9:30am during the week and 10am on the weekend. There are some nice little shopping areas on either side of the hotel that we walked to in order to kill some time during the day. There are also great places to eat surrounding the hotel. The directions to the hotel are misleading. It is NOT on Lavista but off on a side street. If you blink, you will miss it. All in all, the stay was good and I would give it another try if I were ever in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucker
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake
Days Inn & Suites Tucker/Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
#110 of 172 in Atlanta
TownePlace Suites Atlanta Northlake
Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Northlake? Share your experiences!