“Good Food”

Monterrey Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 131 Restaurants in Tucker
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I went here on a late lunch break (which was probably considered dinner at the time we went). The place was pretty empty, with only a couple of tables occupied. I did notice that there were a few people that came in to do “To Go” orders.

Not too much to say about this place except there is plenty of seating, booth and tables. My husband and I shared a plate, which was the Steak Quesadilla, which was very tasty, with a lot of flavor. It was a nice size portion but I wasn’t all that hungry, which made it good enough for us both to share. I also got a large glass of margarita, which was really large. The total meal came just under $20.

This place is the typical good Mexican Restaurant. Good salsa, good food and good Margarita’s. The staff was friendly, oh and once you finish eating, you pay at the front.

I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is one of the better Mexican Restaurant in the area. The food is consistently great, the waiters will advise you if they think you ordered too much. They also will recommend items that are wonderful. I have yet to be disappointed in the food and service. We have been there at least 6 times since Dec 2012.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

After reading reviews and looking for a close place to my hotel I went for dinner. The service was very fast and the opening nachos and sauce were nice and a little hot as should be. The main course was tasty although rather small but the Tamale was tasteless and very disappointing.
I sat in the patio which is covered and heated this season but could see the nice idea of having this patio available.
Prices are low, a whole meal for about $15.
After all, a medium quality restaurant.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We used to go here a lot for dinner but now we mostly go for lunch. Its pretty consistently good at any time. It can be crowded particularly on Fridays, but is usually worth the wait. The food comes pretty quickly even when its crowded.
At lunch, I woudl recommend the lunch fajitas or the lunch chimichangas. If you are in a hurry the tacos are good as are the other inexpensive items on the lunch menu. The taco salad is also good and so huge you usually can't eat it all. The chips and salsa are also good while you wait for what you ordered.
The other locations of this chain are also usualy goodl. I have been to the one in Morrow and the one on Buford Highway, which is my favorite.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Monterrey's, which technically has an Atlanta address, is exactly what it looks like: a good place to get good Tex-Mex at a good price. Nothing pretentious, but sometimes, no parking either. Park across the street at the bank at dinner time and on weekends, but be careful crossing LaVista Road. This place is appropriate for any family or group wanting something casual. Kids are welcome and the clientele is as eclectic as it gets in the Northlake area of Atlanta. I usually order the yolandas, chicken enchiladas with a little spice and a simple guacamole-topped salad, but they have the usual combo plates.

1  Thank Tucker_emptynester