“Good Steak , Typical Chain.”

Longhorn Steakhouse of Tucker
Ranked #32 of 130 Restaurants in Tucker
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This is your typical chain! nothing great! Good food. The service was ok! the steak was good the apps were ok. Nothing to write home about.

There are newer reviews for Longhorn Steakhouse of Tucker

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I have been going to this Longhorn for at least 20 years, and the good is consistently good. The service comes and goes depending on how popular the chain is at any particular point in time. At the moment I think Longhorn has raised their prices to high, alienating some or their core clientele, so waits are not long and service is improved. There were times when waits would be an hour and the service terrible.
Through the 20 years though, the meals are consistently good.
If you are going alone or as a 2 person group, consider sitting at the bar. The bartenders there are great and you will enjoy your meal more.
And ADVICE, if you are a dessert person, do not pass the Chocolate Stampede up, its the best dessert you will ever have!!!

Reviewed April 17, 2012

We visited Easter weekend. The food was good, the bread and salads are good, too. The decor lacks a lot, though. It's in an old building, like maybe it used to be a Western Sizzler or something, not what I'm used to when going to Longhorn, so we were a little hesitant to go in. Small and dark inside, but the food was good, so try it!

Reviewed November 14, 2011

I have visited this restaurant on many occasions. It suffers greatly from a lack of consistency in the quality of both service and food.

On my most recent visit, it completely failed its primary mission of providing a wholesome steak. It took three attempts before the kitchen was able to deliver a filet mignon that wasn't raw and cold in the center. By the time I was finally served, the rest of the table was through with their service.

The manager sent a complimentary dessert; but that actually came when the table was through with dinner. We waited for another 10 minutes just to try to get a "to go" box that never arrived.

Reviewed March 7, 2011

This will seem like it should be on Candid Camera....
Myself, Husband and another Couple met @ LH in Tucker two Saturday nights ago. I had just come from my son's track meet, my Husband and the man of the other couple had just played golf. We were seated, ordered an appetizer and a bottle of kendall Jackson and 4 waters.
We ate the app, ordered our meal, drank the wine (remember there are FOUR of us....) and while waiting for dinner... my husband asked the waiter twice to see the wine list (he wanted a glass of Red to go with his steak...)
The waiter never brought it.... so I got his attention and asked to see the win list and his reply was "I am sorry, i was told I cannot server your table..." We all said, "WHAT???"
he then went on to explain that his manager said that our table was cut off and he couldn't serve us. Clearly he had us confused with another table.... or so we thought...
I asked to speak with the manager and so she came over.... we questioned what on earth this was about and she stated that our table could no longer be served. We went on to state that we had ONE bottle of wine and were we confused with another table??
This went on and on for a while.... she left and came back and stated to me that it was me who could no longer be served.... and I was, like, WHAT???? Anyway... WAY long story short but we then spoke with another manager who stated that she was told by the other manager that someone spotted me when we came in walking through the bar and that I acted drunk. We were all simply dumbfounded.....
We left the restaurant and i will NEVER EVER EVER EVER return there again.
First of all... I didn't walk through the bar when we arrived and second of all.... one glass of wine with food and water would certainly not make me 'drunk." She went on to say that 1/2 glass of wine makes her tipsy..... but, don't you recall that she stated I was drunk BEFORE I got there... so why did they serve me in the first place?
Someone was either playing a really cruel joke on me OR they really did have us confused with another table. We are a couple in our 50's that came in with another couple in their 70's....
Anyway, i have been out of town but fully intend to go by there this week to speak with their GM and get his/her bosses name as a very detailed letter is going out soon... I need to have everyones names that were involved. Ol' George will be getting a letter as well. I also will inform the GM that I have lived in the areas since 1966, know a lot of people and intend to tell EVERYONE I know what happened.
As far as their food goes... never had a bad meal there.... some great, some ok but never bad. I have nothing negative to say about their food or service.....
Their management team sucks and I intend to raise holy hell on this one....
Maybe they should do a brethalizer when you come in the door...????.....

2  Thank nickpickGA