“Locally famous meat and 3, which I think just ordinary”
Review of Matthews Cafeteria

Matthews Cafeteria
Ranked #4 of 128 Restaurants in Tucker
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Atlanta, GA
“Locally famous meat and 3, which I think just ordinary”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This cafeteria is a long-time local eatery that has its devoted followers. It's even been on Triple D. However, on both ocassions that I've eaten there, I'd characterize the food as average at best.

Visited May 2012

Nashville, Georgia, United States
“Cornbread Sopping Good!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The last time I ate here was about 20 years ago. My friends use to eat here all the time because it was close to the office and it had good country cooking. My wife and I tried again found it to be just about the same, and will return for the veggies. I got meat loaf, didn't care for the tomato sauce, but was happy with the string beans, turnip greens, cornbread, and macaroni and cheese. My wife got fried chicken and said they have started frying in canola oil which she doesn't like. I will return for the veggies, getting difficult to find Southern cooking in the South anymore like this.

• Visited September 2012
“Good southern cookin.”
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Our family eats here 2x/ mo. This is the only place where my 3 year old will eat green beans. Probably because they are cooked in fat and ham hocks! Yum! It's cheap and quick comfort food and we love it. Not many choices on the menu but what they do have is good.

McDonough, GA
“Like your mama cooked it”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just good old southern food, cooked like southerners cook. No bland steamed mixed veggies here. No frills atmosphere, but you cannot beat the value.

• Visited August 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“What's Not to Like About a Real Southern Breakfast?”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This southern-style, cafeteria is a step back in time by about 50 years. The food is always good, the portions are generous, and the price is right.

This morning I had biscuits smothered in gravy, sausage patties, and scrambled eggs. It was hard to pass up the country ham, bacon, sausage links, split red hot sausages and other items though. Everything always looks so good that I wish I could go back through the line again and again.

• Visited August 2012